Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruger22C Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2005, 12:40 AM
    A.Th Degree
    I am considering getting an A.Th degree, it is 80 credits and 7 years, unaccreddited, from Calvary Chapel.

Would it be smart for me to try to get this degree, being that it is Unaccreddited?

Also, what do you need to Legally become a pastor, perform marriages, etc.. Ordination??

Thank you, Signed,
    Spark Johnson.
    jocase Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2005, 10:59 PM
    Performing Marriages
    I would not advise getting a degree from a non accredited institution.

An ordained minister normally has the authority to perform a marriage.
    Usually the state laws provide any recognized member of the clergy (such as a Priest, Minister, Rabbi, Imam, Cantor, Ethical Culture Leader, etc.), or a judge, a court clerk, and justices of the peace have authority to perform a marriage. However in some states even the clergy must be first certified or licensed

You should go to www.google.com and use search words marriage authority and the name of your state.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Avoiding "degree mills", seeking real degree! [ 9 Answers ]

I started as an education major in the State University of NY Oswego. I made an unusual, and perhaps unwise decision to put my learning in first place, and made no efforts to get a degree. I read "Pedagogy of the Oppressed" by Ivan Illich, and got turned on to his untraditional, radical approach to...

MD degree opportunities [ 1 Answers ]

Please help me. I have a BS Biology and MD degree, and in the process of reviewing for the USMLE. I wanted to get a job in a hospital to gain experience and for financial reasons as well. What jobs are available for me since I'm not licensed yet, other than research or teaching? Thank you.

MD Degree on-line [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I am interested to register as on-line MD student. One University is offering me this degree. The name of university is IUHS (internantionla univ of Health science in West Indies.) . My quesition is Is there any university offering this MD course on-line? Pl guide me to register for this...

What do I do with my degree? [ 13 Answers ]

Hey Everyone, Thank you for including me in your forum. I have been battling for the past year to get a job that corresponds with my degree. I have a bachelor of Social Sciences degree and majored in Psychology and Sociology. I have applyied to so many jobs but every single one of them requires...

How is degree verification done? [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, I am going to be offering some positions and I may want to require a degree/s. What is the usual way an employer goes about accepting that an applicant has a degree or not? Just accept that the applicant is telling the truth? Asking to see the degree?

View more questions Search