Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icecream Posts: 160, Reputation: 6

Sep 21, 2007, 01:28 PM
    1990 paseo
    Winter is coming up and from last year winter I remember my heater wasn't working too good. Any idea? And what do you think the damge will be to fix this?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 03:11 PM
    Have the coolant system completely flushed. The heater core is just like your radiator and an important part of the heater.
    The heater contol (water valve) should be checked for equal temps at both sides of it with heater control at full hot.
    Heater control cables often pop off the blend doors under dash, these should be checked too.
    We're not talking a lot of money for all these tasks, and you'll be thankful you did on the frigid winter days.

Oct 9, 2007, 10:34 AM
    Oh and I forgot to mention. My C and H meter is also acting up. Every so often it rises up to H and comes back down to the middle of the meter. Any reason why this is?
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2007, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by icecream
    oh and i forgot to mention. my C and H meter is also acting up. every so often it rises up to H and comes back down to the middle of the meter. any reason why this is?
    Yes, your coolant temp sensor is seeing air pockets. Most likely the coolant is low. You should heed my advice from previous post.

Oct 11, 2007, 08:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kitch428
    Yes, your coolant temp sensor is seeing air pockets. Most likely the coolant is low. You should heed my advice from previous post.

Niceshhh! Thanks kitch!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1990 Volvo GL [ 1 Answers ]

Will not start when weather is cold(north Georgia).

1990 honda no start [ 1 Answers ]

1990 honda accord 2.2L.. Cranks,but no start /no spark, picked up used dist at wrecking yard , still no start. Went back to wreckers for another used distributor.. Swapped distributors... ran , but shows no tach. Ran for 20 minutes and then died... Would start and run for 1 1/2 minutes and...

1990 hatchback help.. [ 1 Answers ]

All right so I got my car running again but after I drive it for a little while and I stop and come to an idle it revs up and down... it doesn't try to die but it will not quit doing it... my computer isn't throwing any error codes and I can only think maybe an o2 sensor or sensor in the exaust?? ...

1990 Infiniti has no A/C [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 infiniti and I can't get the a/c to work! I replaced the whole electrical unit and it still doesn't work. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

1990 Honda Civic DX [ 3 Answers ]

Here is my problem: My engine starts and idles fine. Under acceleration it accelerates up to about 2500 rpm, then the ignition cuts off. When you shift gears you can run it back up to about 2500 rpm again, then it cuts out again. This occurs through all the gears. The check engine light stays on...

View more questions Search