Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taj Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2005, 03:00 PM
    Connecting two computers together
    Hi guys, just wondering since my cd rom on xp is not working, IS there anyway that I can connect my old PC win 98, 4gb hard drive to my xp and use win 98 cd rom to install program on xp.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2005, 04:07 PM
    You could connect the 2 and share the CD/Rom so you can run stuff off the drive.

It would probably be cheaper to just get a new CD drive. You can probably get a burner, maybe an external for aboiut $50 an internal for under $30.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 29, 2005, 04:27 PM
    Check with TigerDirect.com. They are really dropping their prices right now, even for DVD drives that burn/read everything to include double layer and their prices are very reasonable. Good luck.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Sep 30, 2005, 06:05 AM
    CD drive
    Hi,
    I agree with getting a new drive, even a burner drive. They are inexpensive now, and can have one installed at a local computer store near you, for probably less than $50 US.
    Best of luck,
    fredg
    taj Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2005, 08:24 AM
    Thanks guys, got a new external cd rw drive. Lets hope it sorts my probs out.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 30, 2005, 08:55 AM
    Good, and have lots of fun! Let us know if you have any further issues, that's what we are here for.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computers [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if I can hookup one computer to an other computer and download files from one to another even if they are not the same make and how I can do it?

Connecting Two Computers [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I got a linksys router and it is directly connected to my computer wired and I have a laptop connected wireless well what I want to do it be able to access files between both computers through a network how would I set this up ?

Computers [ 4 Answers ]

I connect to the web via broadband. Everything is OK for about 15mins then my browser disconnects. I have deleted and reloaded explorer but the fault remains. I have also downloaded avant browser - no difference. When the browser goes off line it does not effect other programmes such as messenger...

View more questions Search