Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crewe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 10:32 AM
    Cavity wall insulation
    Can you use cavity wall insulation on a house with a suspended timber floor which as a crawl space, want happen to the air vents:) will it become damp?

Thanks crewe
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Sep 23, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by crewe
    can you use cavity wall insulation on a house with a suspended timber floor which as a crawl space, want happen to the air vents:) will it become damp?

thanks crewe
    If you are referring to a baloon frame structure, the underfloor crawl space openings need to be blocked off before injecting wall insulation. This also applies to pole frame construction where the flooring ledgers are exposed into the wall cavities above in some cases. Nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Running in wall Coaxial Cable from Existing wall [ 7 Answers ]

Hi there, Is there someone here who is expert on electrical? I need help on running coaxial cable to my existing walls. I have a 1st floor where I have access to drilling holes into the second floor. I am willing to cut open holes for installing the single gang boxes. Now, here are my...

Cavity "hungry" dentists. [ 4 Answers ]

:mad: I've had a very bad experience with dentists in the past. One said I had about 13 cavities and it would cost me $2000 above what insurance covered. I was in chock! I questioned it of course and she rolled her eyes at me, treated me like a child. (I walked out feeling like a child with a lump...

Electrical wiring through cold air return cavity [ 10 Answers ]

Is it code compliant to run romexes (NM-B) across a cavity between two studs (2x6) which is to be used for cold air return? I might have to run 8 romexes through that space! Alternative is to run the cold air return in another cavity parallel to a copper gas line. Any advice would be...

Wiring in cavity wall [ 9 Answers ]

I'm going to running wire within a twelve inch wide concrete cavity wall. The exterior concrete faces are two inches wide, with each face having two inches of polyiso insulation bonded to it. So eight inches are used up. The middle four inches is where the wiring will go. Plastic outlet boxes are...

Cables in wall and house insulation [ 3 Answers ]

I believe the code forbids running cables so that they Are in contract with each other. If you pass through A beam, I believe they allow 24 inches of contact. How many cables can go through each hole and How big must a hole be? What is the allowable method of running several Cables...

View more questions Search