Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GOLFBALL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2004, 09:25 PM
    Shut down
    HI,
    My computer will not shut down from the start menu.

Tom

Windows 98 se
    When I want to shut down I go to start hit
    The shutdown dot. What I see is screen gets
    A little checkerboard like and screen changes
    To the shutdown window saying windows is
    Shutting down. Wait awhile and nothing happens.
    [email protected]
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Mar 21, 2004, 01:03 AM
    Re: Shut down
    HI,
    My computer will not shut down from the start menu.

Tom
    Could you provide a bit more information?

What OS?

Do you get any specific error messages?

What happens, exactly?

Thanks
    ~psi42
    cremedies Posts: 304, Reputation: 0

Mar 21, 2004, 11:01 AM
    Re: Shut down
    Tom,

Do a Google search for "windows 98 shutdown patch."
    Microsoft put this patch out years ago to address this problem but honestly, I have seen it rarely fix the problem but it may work in your case.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A/c fan doesn't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had a company install some cellulose insulation in my house. Since then, my air conditioning unit does not shut off until I turn up the temperature button to 80. Is it possible that something could be in the attic coils that makes the fan unit not shut off?

Shut down problem [ 17 Answers ]

I'm using an intel pentium 3 PC. My problem is, every time I shut down my PC a message appears in the screen that I cam turn off my PC safely. But when I push the power button nothing happens, so I will turn off my ups to turn off my PC. Is that safe? What should I do? Please help me! Please...

Furnace will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 20+ year old Coleman furnace with AC. The White Rogers thermostat has four wires connected, RC, W, G, Y. There in no jumber from RC to RH. There is a blue wire embeded in the wall but is not connected on either end. The AC worked great in hot weather. The problem now is that when the...

Blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace is an electric intertherm.Last night the blower continued to run even though the heating elements had stopped and never did shut off.The only way to get it shut off is to turn off the breaker.The switch is set to auto on the fan.The furnace works fine,the blower for some reason has...

Shut down [ 3 Answers ]

In my windows98 SE system, it is not showing "safe to shut down window" after I install some software or hardware to restart the computer or shut down the computer. It is struck at processing shut down. Please reply.

View more questions Search