Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Drummer 447 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 29, 2005, 10:07 AM
    Bermuda Grass
    Is there anything that will kill or inhibit bermuda grass that is taking over my yard and smothering the other grass?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 29, 2005, 11:30 AM
    A strong dose of MASA, the metharsonate based crab grass killer, will kill crab grass, Bermuda grass, fescues including the fine red fescue, and some other stuff, but spare blue grass and rye grass. Repeated heavy doses seem to kill what I have been told is narwell I am fighting. At least part of the grass you want to save should survive. Hand spraying infested areas also protects the other grass.

I found some at Wal-Mart about the same price as Ortho, but a much more concentrated solution for about the same price. Move quickly. At least here, crab grass killer disappears from the shelves in late summer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grass types? [ 3 Answers ]

How do you tell what type of grass you have so you can re-seed your lawn?

Grass [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new house in December and my yard is full of weeds. How do I start growing grass?

Grass seed [ 1 Answers ]

How long after spreading fertalizer with haltz can I plant new seed.

Improving my grass [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Indianapolis, In and it is February now. I have a lawn that used to be a horse pasture and it has a mixture of many kinds of weeds and grasses along with real grass of unknown kind. I want to know how to improve my grass growth and reduce my weeds and other grasses. What can I do in...

Moss in grass [ 1 Answers ]

I have some moss growing in the grass in my back yard. The yard is on the eastern side of the house and has trees on one side. It does get sun during the day until the early afternoon. It has been airrated. The moss is starting to create bald patches in the grass. What can I do to get the...

View more questions Search