Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sean_fred1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Government and the environment
    What are the ways that government (executive branch, Congress, administrative agencies, the courts) and non-governmental entities (U.S. environmental organizations, the media, political parties, international governmental organizations, transnational advocacy networks, etc) interact with each other to shape environmental policy? In what ways do these diverse entities work well together? In what ways does the diversity of these entities contribute to difficulty during the political process?
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2007, 04:48 AM
    "Non-governmental entities" of almost any form are pressure groups to policy makers. To me, they are a legitimate part of the political process in that they pool the support and resources of citizens of similar interests to increase their influence on the policy makers. That is why I am generally opposed to efforts to curb their influence by means of "campaign finance reform" . The bottom line is that my voice is often better heard if I am part of a group of people speaking in one voice.The influence that any contributions I could make as part of a general public funding is not as great as it would be if my money was pooled with like minded people (often derided as "special interests " ).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A horse's environment [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I live in a place where my neighbors are always riding their ATVS or Motorbikes or playing with their remote control cars. They do this every day and sometimes almost all day. My horse always gets afriad of their remote control cars and she gets agitated when they start the motorbikes and ATVS....

Government vs. Environment [ 2 Answers ]

Should there be an environmental revolution to replace the old system of government with one based more on environmental protection and pro-environmental policies? Why or why not?

View more questions Search