Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Darth_Tanion Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

Sep 28, 2005, 08:00 PM
    GoTalk VoIP
    I'm trying to set up two new GoTalk VoIP accounts on the one adsl connection using two Netcomm V-100 ATAs. I can get either of the v-100s to connection with either of my accounts but I cannot get both accounts to connect at the same time. I have talked to GoTalk and they say that both adapters are set up correctly (both using port 5060 which I thought might have caused a problem) and that you can have two accounts on the one connection but nothing seems to work. Either the second adapter I try to register will fail or it will register successfully and kick the first one off. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 29, 2005, 05:09 AM
    Are you connecting the GoTalk boxes to a router or directly to the ADSL modem. VoIP requires a unique IP address. Your ADSL modem probably provides an IP only to the first device that powers up. So, if you are connecting directly to the modem, only one device will get an IP. From your description that's what's happening.

I don't know if the devices will work if connected to a router. Some do, you need to talk to GoTalk about that.

Sep 29, 2005, 02:16 PM
    Both devices are connected to a Netgear DG824.

Sep 29, 2005, 04:10 PM
    Hmmm, The only other thing I can think of is that somehow its not getting a unique IP. Ask the Go Talk people how the IP is assigned.

Sep 29, 2005, 05:13 PM
    GoTalk said it could be a bandwidth problem. At the moment I have a 512/128 connection and they said the 128 up speed will be completely used up by one VoIP connection so there is no bandwidth left for the second. I am upgrading my broadband speed soon so maybe that will fix the problem. Thanks for the help. I'll post when I know more.

Sep 30, 2005, 06:15 AM
    That could make sense
    GoTalk VoIP Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2005, 11:37 AM
    GoTalk
    Hi there

The problem is not with your broadband connection at all as your uplink of 128k is more than enough to cope with up to 3 VoIP Adapters running (even if they used the G-711 aLaw Bandwidth)

The problem that you are experiencing is related to more your IP address - because each username is unique and on the GoTalk VoIP server when you log in with one username name, your public IP address(which comes from your ISP) is assigned to your username - this way round GoTalk knows how to locate you and your ATA sends out a live ping..

What you should do is when you connect your first ATA copy and paste the Diagnositc Log for that ATA and do the same for the second one and send it to GoTalk CSC - who do have some very helpful back office staff ;)

Also ask GoTalk CSC to make sure that your account has been modified for MULTIPLE access

ALSO makes sure that the UDP PORTs are not the same one should be set at 5060 and the other should be set at 5061
    Ciao

GoTalk

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Problem While Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

Getting Problem Using SIP VOIP Phone [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting one prob while using my SIP VOIP phone, when I call from my Phone first time after loged in, it's OK but whenever I try to call 2nd time, its start dialing and but Status remains Connectting, after some time it shows Timed Out. And now the status of my Phone becomes Lged Timed Out,...

View more questions Search