Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjjsss20732 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2005, 04:59 PM
    Maryland adoption laws
    I've been divorced about 2yrs.I have 2 children,boy 16 and girl 12,my ex has turned them against me and they said they don't want to have anything to do with me every since she meet her new boyfriend(shes married to him now) and the court said it was up to them to make that decision.awhile back the subject came up about her new husband wanting to adopt my kids.can he and what does he have to do to do so? Can somebody please help me
    Thank you
    Joseph m simms sr
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 29, 2005, 07:13 PM
    I think as long as you are still a live (thank goodness) and well, you have a say in whether you let your children be adopted or not. You are their natural mother, and no one can take that away from you, even if they want to be no longer with you, does not mean they can change moms like their underwear (excuse the expression) Go to a site on the net by using 'adoption laws, maryland' and see if you can find some info, if not check with a legal professional. But I'm sure as long as both parents are alive permission is absolutely required by both parents. Good luck.
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2005, 04:50 PM
    Maryland law link
    Quote Originally Posted by jjjsss20732
    i've been divorced about 2yrs.i have 2 children,boy 16 and girl 12,my ex has turned them against me and they said they don't want to have anything to do with me every since she meet her new boyfriend(shes married to him now) and the court said it was up to them to make that decision.awhile back the subject came up about her new husband wanting to adopt my kids.can he and what does he have to do to do so? can somebody please help me
    thank you

joseph m simms sr

http://government.west.thomson.com/T...1%2E0&VR=1%2E0

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption [ 7 Answers ]

I am 14 years old and I am adopted. I get nervous when I talk about it. What should I do to not be so nervous?

Adoption laws [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is mary, I live in nj. I have a 12 year old daughter from my previous marriage and I recently remarried. My new husband wants to adopt my daughter and we need to know how to go about the adoption. My ex took off and nobody knows where he is, he hasn't paid child support in over 10...

Adoption in Maryland [ 3 Answers ]

? I have a 12 year old daughter and am married. My daughter was born in Oklahoma and I didn't put the fathers name on the birth certificate. We now live in md and my husband wants to adopt her to make her legally his but we were told by a lawyer that even though the fathers name isn't on the...

View more questions Search