Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lumina93 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2003, 12:20 PM
    Recovery disks
    Dear Sirs: Is it possible to buy or get recovery disks for my midwest micro computer that is 9 or 10 yrs. Old. I replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The computer is asking me to put in a start up disk that I don't have. We always used the computer just for games and never had it hooked up the internet. Jim Passer. [email protected]
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 23, 2003, 10:11 AM
    recovery disks
    A Recovery disk is generally an image of the hard drive as it came from the factory. Such disks din't come into general use until about 5-6 years ago so I doubt if one is available for your old machine.

I think your problem may be that you have the wrong drive type selectied in the CMOS after replacing the battery. I would first try setting it to Auto. If that doesn't work you need to check on the drive for a drive type or check the drive manufacturer's web site. Generally older drives were type 1-47. If the type isn't listed you may have to enter the details like cylinders etc manually. These parameters should be on the drive.
    lumina93 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 23, 2003, 11:00 AM
    recovery disks
    Thank you for responding to my computer failure message. I contacted the manufacturer website and another co. Has taken over the part sales etc. I received a confirmation of my e-mail, but no info on my problem yet. It had something to do with changing over to jan 1 2003. I've replaced the battery, but it didn't help. The machine says to put in a recovery disk in drive A. No cursor or response on the mouse. Before it said that the hard drive wasn't installed. Thanks [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd ROM not reading disks -_- [ 11 Answers ]

I've been playing Diablo 2 LOD for awhile now and just the other day, when trying to open the shortcut it said: "Diablo II was unable to locate your CD-ROM drive. Please make sure your Diablo II expansion disk is in your CD-ROM drive, then click retry":( This has come up before but mainly...

Zip Drive Disks [ 4 Answers ]

How do I unwrite protect a write protected 100 megabite zip drive disk? These disk inadvertently write protected themselves and they are not full.

DVD R/W disks [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me if I have to format a DVD R/W disk before I use it for data back up puposes? I bought some new DVD+R/W disks, and explorer won't recognize them when I insert them. When one of my programs (B's clip) recognized the new disk, it asked me if it could format it. I tried this,...

Spy-bot recovery [ 5 Answers ]

I downloaded spybot search and destroy to get rid of any spyware problems but now when I open my hotmail e-mail account and use eBay boxes are continually popping up say "spybot s&d has blocked the download of "doubleclick" or "avenue A inc". These boxes are a complete pain in the ass and I want to...

View more questions Search