Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    INeedMoney Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 12:12 PM
    I want my child support
    To date as of March 25, 2007 his weekly payment for child support court order is $158.00. We've been separated since April, 1998. The last child support we received was in the year 2000 when he worked at the VA hospital in Lyons, NJ. He quit the job and since then has not worked on the books anymore and has not paid any child support since 2000.

He doesn't respond to any notification sent to him from the courts because they are returned to the court as "undeliverable". I don't know how you are going to get hold of him when even the government can't.

You see my parents are separated not divorced. Although we have a court order it's just that he works under the table and they can't find out where he works. All we know is that he lives somewhere in Newark, New Jersey and we can't get any child support from him. Is it possible to help us? Thanks.
    detector75 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2007, 11:43 AM
    Hello!

From detector75

Try to see if, your mother can get your father's driver's license suspended for nonpayment of child support. Amnesty for Delinquent Child Support. In the city of where he lives. And, get a copy of his driver's license information. But, first your mother must go to a local legal aid service in your area or get a lawyer gives a free consultation or charge no fee until cause is won at a local county's attorney's child support office. Before going forward and if, you need your mother need your father's driver's license explain at the office the reason Why?

Check with the IRS office to to see if, your father filed any taxes for the tax year or tax period. To see if, he's working. Explain the situation to the IRS office. And, they agree and see if, a copy can be mailed or fax to you and an attorney if, you have one.

You can try a website http://louisvilledivorce.typepad.com...ort/index.htmlor SupportGuidelines.com | Resources for more information on obtaining child support. For garnishment of his check. I am not sure if, you know whether he have a bank account.

Go to the courthouse in your city or where he lives to see if, he owns property. Which you can explain your situation and see if, a lien can be placed on the property until your father pay child support. If, your dad sent one check see if, the bank have a copy
    Of that check on file and make a copy to trace if, your father still have an active bank account. You and your mother or family can contact the Administration for children and Families which is the US Department of Human Services their Office of Child Support Enforcement.. Can give you valuable information on obtaining child support also,
    Click "contact" link Where Child Care Aware organization number is listed at:
    1-800-424-2246 and click under child support the "child support Enforcement State Profile" for general information on getting child support owed.

Also, visit Family Law Prof Blog A good resource site providing more information on legal issues.

I hope this information provided helps a lot regarding your father paying back child support. And, may you and your mother have the best of luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Continued child support when child quits school [ 9 Answers ]

I live in New York & this is my question... Does one have to continue paying support when the child quits school at 17? His mother will not enforce any rules on the child & will not make the child work or at least get his GED. Mother & father were never married, court ordered support payments,...

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Do you still have to pay child support if you give up your rights to a child? [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend found out he had a child last summer. The child was already six months old when he was told it was his. My boyfriend had a one night stand with this woman. He didn't and still doesn't even know her. One day she just saw him driving and called out to him, raising the child into the...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

View more questions Search