Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spencer06 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 01:06 AM
    My son wants the nanny over me
    I've gone back to work 1 month ago after my extended Maternity leave. My son is 16 months old and seems to be forming a bond with his Nanny. I thought this was great at first, but he seems to want to be with her more then he does with me. When I go to pick him up, he leans towards her. He's not as excited to see me (like he use to be). What should I do?? Our nanny is with him breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was thinking maybe I should try to establish a routine where I would get up , get his breakfast then pass him over to her when I'm about to leave for work .Then for dinner to have it as a family without the nanny present? Any suggestions? I'm thinking of quitting, please help.
    Gernald Posts: 901, Reputation: 93
    Expert

Feb 23, 2010, 07:19 PM

I think that your ideas are brilliant. If your son only sees the nanny and never gets alone time with you then of course he's going to go twords the nanny. Try what you said about just having breakfast and dinner alone with your family (the nanny might like a break anyway), also try to plan special excursions or put away some time to spend with him. Your obviously a busy mom, but it's important that your son have time with just you even if it is only every once and a while.
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Feb 23, 2010, 08:45 PM
    Your suggestions about spending more meal times with your son sound good.

I wouldn't worry too much about your son wanting the nanny more than you - you're his mum, and I'm sure he knows that! Remember he gets the nanny's undivided attention for almost an entire day, so it's reasonable that he might feel comfortable with her.

You probably just need to do more 'mum' things together with him where the relationhsip between you is the focus.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nanny Mcphee [ 7 Answers ]

I just saw the best little film I have seen in a long time. Nanny Mcphee, if you haven't seen it yet it is just excellent! Gather the kids around, make popcorn and sit back and enjoy. Angela Lansbury plays the wicked old aunt and she is a gasser! If you have seen it let me know what you think.:p

Nanny of 4 month old boy [ 6 Answers ]

I am going to be the nanny of a 4 month old boy. I need some help and advice on how to take care of him. Im 21 I used to babysit when I was 17 and 18 but I don't remember a whole lot, and the youngest I ever took care of was 4 years old. When do I change his diaper? How do I burp him? Help please!

How much to charge for a summertime nanny? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello everyone, For the past few months I have been babysitting for a neighborhood family. I pick up their two grade-school boys from school and watch them for around three hours a day until their parents get home. I have been charging eight dollars an hour. They have asked me if I would...

View more questions Search