Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 05:01 PM
    No Sound after Headphones are Unplugged
    My brother is living with me at the moment, and sometimes he gets on the computer to listen to music at night. He uses headphones to make sure that he does not wake anyone up.

When I go to unplug the headphones, the sound won't work on my computer. I have to restart the computer, and as soon as I do that everything is back to normal, and the sound is working again.

Does anyone have any idea why this happens, and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:27 AM
    --bump--

Can anyone help?
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 20, 2007, 11:49 AM
    Don't you use the same socket for the headphones as the speakers?

If not, perhaps the system recognises the speakers being inserted and disables the other sound output until you reboot! - just a thought.
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 11:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu
    Don't you use the same socket for the headphones as the speakers?

if not, perhaps the system recognises the speakers being inserted and disables the other sound output until you reboot! - just a thought.
    Thanks for the thought! You could very well be right. :)

My speakers are plugged in behind my tower, and the headphones are plugged into the headphone plug in the front of the tower. Hopefully that'll help a little.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

300 gig full of data now "unallocated" after PC unplugged? [ 2 Answers ]

I had a 300 gig ext maxtor hd usb'd to my PC, approx 85-90% full of data. During a burning process (using Nero) of data from the drive my PC got unplugged, I rebooted to find the maxtor wasn't listed in my computer or windows explorer. I went through to computer management where the drive shows,...

Wireless Headphones [ 1 Answers ]

Hey! Have a wireless headphone set that uses a 9 V battery for the transmitter. An option is a 12 V, 200mA AC/DC Adapter. I have an adapter that has the correct plug for this unit, but the adapter is 12 V 400 mA. Can this 400 mA adapter be used without damaging the unit? Ken

Sound for Bush TV going through headphones and cannot switch this off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bush WS6679SIL television but have lost the instruction manual - and I have no sound! I go into the main menu and select sound. When I drill down listed are the usual sound variables i.e. volume, treble etc but below these is a red box next to 'headphones'. When I press the red...

Network cable unplugged [ 3 Answers ]

Trying to hookup dsl and the ethernet light does not come on. I get a message that says the network cable is unplugged.HELP!

No sound, asus mother board built in sound card [ 16 Answers ]

My comp plays no sounds. All drivers are installed and I have re installed them 2. Its well annoyin. Any help with this would be great. Thanks

View more questions Search