Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 19, 2007, 02:27 PM
    God Sued (only in America)
    God sued over pestilence and terror - Yahoo! News UK

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A court in Nebraska is being asked to cast judgement on the ultimate judge -- God.

State lawmaker Ernie Chambers filed a lawsuit Friday against the Almighty -- acknowledging he/she goes by numerous aliases -- for causing "fearsome floods, egregious earthquakes, horrendous hurricanes, terrifying tornadoes, pestilential plagues" and other alliterative catastrophes.

The suit, Chambers vs God, asks the court for a "permanent injunction ordering defendant (God) to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terrorist threats" which affect innumerable persons, including Chambers's constituents.

It asserts that God is "the admitted perpetrator" of such acts and said that God's omnipresence gives the local Douglas County District Court jurisdiction in the suit, adding that God's omniscience eliminates the need to issue a formal notice of the lawsuit.

Chambers told local media he filed the suit to make a point about frivolous lawsuits frequently seen in US courts, citing a recent one against a judge.

He asked the court to award him an unspecified summary judgment against God, or, in the alternative, issue a permanent injunction against God engaging in the damaging acts cited in the filing.

Neither God nor his/her spokespersons could be contacted for comment.
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 19, 2007, 02:29 PM
    It looks like they will have to go get god by force if he doesn't come!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

America and mexico [ 80 Answers ]

Do you think that the government should either build a fence across the us-mexico border or do something else to stop the flow of illegal immigrants?

Moving from America. [ 1 Answers ]

My friend moved to America some years ago but is still a UK citizen. She has had 2 children whilst over there and the are American citizens how could she move back to England with her children? She really needs to come back.

South America [ 2 Answers ]

I met this girl. She is from Colombia, S.A. I met her while she was going through her divorce from her husband of 5 years. She says he was abusing her. She is now a citizen. We have been together for a year now. She admitted that a couple of months ago that she started seeing a guy she met, so I...

Only in America [ 5 Answers ]

Only in America 1. Only in America... can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance. 2. Only in America... are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink. 3. Only in America... do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their...

How many Generals are in America? [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to find out how many Generals serve in America? Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search