Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jillg Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 01:06 PM
    I wrote a book what do I do
    I wrote a non fictional informational book. I have someone asking me to write them a proposal. What do I do? Also someone who is interested asked me to send them the book. What do I do?
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:12 PM
    Get an agent. Literary agents directory - find an agent
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 01:16 PM
    Have you researched getting your book published? The publishers each have various topics they like to publish, so you want to approach the right ones with your manuscript. May I ask what is the topic you've written about?

Is the proposal you mention about getting the book published? Is the request from a publisher or just a comment from someone who knows something about publishing? Usually an author sends a proposal to a publisher to find out if there is interest in the manuscript. Proposals should be written according to certain guidelines. There are books at the public library that will explain how to do this. The proposal could also be just an informational letter with perhaps an excerpt included and details about how you came to write the book and also your credentials.

Is it a publisher who wants you to send the book to him? That should be OK. If it's just an ordinary person, don't do it.

Please post more details and specific questions about this so you will get clearer answers.

P.S. You don't need an agent to successfully sell your book to a publisher.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2007, 12:49 AM
    It would be good if you would provide the answers to Wondergirl's questions that she has posted above. She is a librarian and can be very helpful and informative for you.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2007, 06:50 AM
    You might also research the e-book market. You can create electronic formats for your book that would resist copying and can then sell them oover the Web.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a good thesis statement with any book and another book or movie [ 2 Answers ]

Well do u have a good thesis stament for sny book and movie

What do I do after I wrote a book? [ 18 Answers ]

I just got done writing a book, and of course I want to publish it. What do I need to do to get it published, and how would I send it in to a publisher. I am young and have no experience in this so please help.

Who wrote this book and what is the title [ 2 Answers ]

I read a good and very steamy historical romance a few years ago (maybe 5) about a celtic girl who believes in the old magic, but the saxons (I think) were trying to make everyone denounce the old ways. She becomes betrothed to a saxon man (once again, I think) who has the family crest of a wolf. I...

I wrote for you, I wrote for me, I wrote for anyone who feels the same [ 4 Answers ]

When we're out of a relationship... When we realize we took things for granted... I went from disappointed, angry, unforgivable, hollow to take-it-easy, peaceful, comfortable, and what's really left inside is sadness. I forgive you, I forgive myself for what was wrong in the past. I don't...

I wrote a book! Now what do I do? [ 4 Answers ]

I have wrote a book about a *********** career and do not know what to do next. I don't want to let the cat out of the bag yet, by stating********** as its name! The book might have some possible criminal content included! Is there a way to get it published without being jailed for true...

View more questions Search