Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eberhardt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 11:45 AM
    Black soot on the spark plug,is it the plug.
    My lawn mower plug has black soot on it, what could be the cause of the plug fouling out? It is a 6.0 B&S motor, also is there a certain gap for the plug and if so what is it? This problem just recently came up after 3 years of use and I don't understand what happen.:confused:
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 06:25 PM
    Too rich of fuel mixture. . 030" gap.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Briggs 14.5 hp ohv - No spark to spark plug [ 1 Answers ]

Was mowing tall grass when it died. At first there was a small spark at the plug but now there is none. Had been having to use pickup to jump start the Huskee 38" riding mower. Where can I find a schematic for this engine. Model 287707 Type 1224-E1 Code 000531ZD

No spark to plug [ 2 Answers ]

I have a craftsman 15.5 hp rider and I was having trouble with starting it. I put a new solenoid on and it started and ran for a while, then it stopped suddenly. I thought that it was out of gas, but there was plenty. I put on a new fuel filter and that didn't work. I checked out the spark plug...

Spark plug [ 1 Answers ]

My L-120 is not starting ,I believe need to change the spark plug. But I can't change it since it is too deep to use any tool . What shoul I do?

Lawnmower - Briggs 7 HP - no spark to plug [ 1 Answers ]

The plug is not sparking on my Briggs 7 HP lawnmower, what is wrong, what should I check?

Don't get spark from my spark plug wire [ 1 Answers ]

I get spark from my spark plug wire sometimes when I don't the jeep don't start Why I don't get spark sometimes?

View more questions Search