Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2005, 09:43 AM
    When the water was turned on again!
    Had to turn the water line off for some repair work and after turning it back on after a half hour or so I flushed one of the toilets and KABOOM. Flushed the other toilet and same thing. I can understand some air in the line being compressed by all that water pressure but how to relieve it so it doesn't blow the toilets apart the next time?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 27, 2005, 10:07 AM
    Hey Flick, Welcome back.
    Just open a outside hose bib and let it run. Good luck, Tom
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Sep 27, 2005, 11:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by speedball1
    Hey Flick, Welcome back.
    Just open a outside hose bib and let it run. Good luck, Tom
    Thanks, Tom... good to be back!

Will follow your advice next time... was certain I had cracked the darn things. ;)

Did test them though; and they 'passed' what I had to offer.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 27, 2005, 01:10 PM
    Hey! Proud of you!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer turned on, nothing on screen [ 9 Answers ]

I turned on my comp, power comes on but there isn't anything on screen as if I was away from my computer for a long period. I triple checked all wires, un-plugged and replugged everything, switch new monitor and it won't work. Someone please help me.

Hair turned yellow, need help! [ 2 Answers ]

I had a dark blondish hair color.. with light highlights.. I decided to change my color.. I wanted my hair all one color.. a lightish blonde, but I have a very low budget so I decided to do it myself and went to the store and bought a blonde hair color (Clairol - Born Blonde 'Original').. it...

Can I Run A Dishwasher W/water Heater Turned Off? [ 7 Answers ]

Hi. I have an electric water heater with a slow leak that I can't replace until later next week. I already turned it off and drained it. I did this before I realized that the dishwasher only takes water from the heater, and now of course I can't run the utterly packed dishwasher (divorced mom,...

Who turned off the lights? [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, there's this weird stuff that has happened to me a few times. It started like this. Once I when I lived in sc I wrked at this place where I took care of a alziemer patient. Well I take this lady to the bathroom and sit her on the toilet. The next I know she has her pajamas on and I am tucking...

No water unless faucet slowly turned. [ 6 Answers ]

Hello. We have a fauced that when turned normally does not have any water flowing out. There is a bang when this is done too. If the faucet is turned slowly, water will come out. Thanks!

View more questions Search