Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    homebc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 10:11 AM
    Defining Existing Dreamweaver Site
    I have a Dreamweaver 4 website. The software was installed on a new computer and data moved also. The website doesn't show up when you select on Site then Open (as if not defined) Am I safe using the new directory that has the files in it already? How do I get everything pointing at each other, or does that happen automatically?

Thanks.
    Bonnie

:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 10:58 AM
    You should have no problems. As you said, just use the directory you have the files in... and go through the Edit Site function to tell DW that this is where the files are, so that it behaves correctly when referring to links, adding new ones, and making new folders and/or pages.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

Dreamweaver or Frontpage? [ 6 Answers ]

What do u guys think: Dreamweaver or Frontpage? Lets say for a novice. If u were to rate them out of 5??

Defining terms [ 11 Answers ]

Could somebody define these terms please LAGOS ? Cash flow crisis - is it just a problem with earning money? Anti locust programms (something to do with giving food to poorer countries) Thank you

View more questions Search