Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nez Posts: 557, Reputation: 51

Sep 19, 2007, 09:56 AM
    Peru Meteorite
    Just read this link:

BBC NEWS | World | Americas | Scores ill in Peru 'meteor crash'

It makes for interesting reading.Dozens fall ill after meteorite "crashes" in Peru.Of course the authorities want to cover this story up.It is an X File.Where's old "thingee and whatsit" when you need them? :eek:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 10:02 AM
    a) it's the chupacabra, it always is.

b) he's with Tea Leoni as I would be if I was married to her.
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:35 PM
    Peasants living near the crater said they had smelled a sulfurous odor for at least an hour after the meteorite struck and that it had provoked upset stomachs and headaches.

But Jose Isisuka, a geologist for the institute who was studying the crater, said he doubted the reports of a sulfurous smell.

Modesto Montoya, a member of the medical team, was quoted by Lima daily El Comercio as saying fear may have provoked psychosomatic ailments.

I know sulpher when I smell it. I can tell the difference between sulpher and... say... flatulence for instance. I guess ole Jose may not even believe that a meteorite struck the earth. Must be a sink hole... or a stink hole. Chupracabas have been known to live in those you know. We saw one emerge from a stink hole down in Alabama one time. That moon shine will give you them psychosomatic ailments and even some that are imagined too. Anyway, that son of a gun looked just like a mangy purple wallabe with tiger teeth. He come up out of that stink hole a snarlin and droolin and howlin like his rear end was on fire. It ran in circles sniffin its own butt for a few minutes then it shot out there through the trees still screamin and howlin. One feller in our party wanted to follow it but I told him I needed to find me an AA meeting... fast!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Misquito bites from Peru [ 4 Answers ]

I recently travelled to Peru where my legs gotten eaten by misquitos. I've rarely gotten bites in the US and my skin reacted horribly to the Peru misquitos. I'm back now and they're healing, but I'm anxious to be active again. My question is, will they heal faster if I don't run or exercise? ...

View more questions Search