Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    violet0019 Posts: 208, Reputation: 9

Sep 26, 2005, 10:34 PM
    Help Please! Seeking Advice For Repairing Rust On My Car Please.
    I have a 1993 Eagle Summit Eagon (mini van) only 55,000 km. Unfortunately, I should have repaired the rust when it began, but I didn't. I am so embaressed driving around like this. There is rust around the area of each wheel (is it called the wheel well?) approximately 4inches of rust at the widest point and a bit of rust (a hole! ) at the bottom corner of the doors, closer to where the door opens where the hinge is. I cannot afford a new car. This one is still fine. I have put some money into repairs. (Approx. $2000.total) I keep up the check ups of changing the oil and filter two times a year. I would appreciate opinions, advice, suggestions of how I can repair the rust... at a body shop? What options do I have, let's say I want to keep it for another 2-3 years, but not have to see the rust. I went to one body shop, he said he would charge $1500, would have to cut the rust and replace and install new metal and weld it, and then paint the area, BUT>>>that it was like cancer :eek: and that there was no guarantee and that it was going to come back!! :mad: Hmmmmmmmmmm... any other ways to repair this? What should I do? Is there any way other than this way, that rust can be repaired?He said that he could charge me $800. But in a few months it would all be back and he would not explain it further! HELP!? :confused:

Check out some similar questions!

Are you seeking advice [ 1 Answers ]

I am a clairvoyant, empathic reader I also do tarot, scrying, poastlife, automatic writing I have been doing this for over 20yrs I personaly have seen astrol outer body (outer body experience) I have had dreams that came true 4yrs later as well of 4months I even predicted my own daughters...

Seeking advice on rough-in [ 11 Answers ]

Hello! Just got my blocks laid for a new garage addition to my home and need to make sure I am on the right track. I had initially planned to have the plumbing rough done by a plumber but after contacting 6 "respectable" plumbers and getting no interest I have decided to tackle this myself. I had...

Help! Car Rust... Any Advice? [ 8 Answers ]

My \'93 Eagle Summit wagon, only 56,000 km.Have had a few repairs on it. In great shape except for rust in the area above the tires,is this called wheel wells?also near the bottom of the door area. Pieces now starting to break off.(I should not have let it get to this point of rust and taken care...

Seeking Legal Advice [ 11 Answers ]

I need some legal advice. Last June I contacted an owner of a domain site and asked if he would be interested in partnering with me. I will build the site and he wouldn't have to do anything. In return he would get a % or revenue. So after 2 months of me working on it, the guy stops returning...

Seeking debt advice [ 7 Answers ]

Hi everyone... I wish I was posting under better circumstances, but I'm not. I need help. After I left college, I found myself in a deep amount of debt. My friends and famly are so beyond helping me and who can blame them. I was thinking of calling a credit counselor but am so nervous. I've...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.