Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anandvs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 02:39 AM
    Keyboard not functioning in my Laptop
    Hi

I have HpPavilion dv1000 Laptop model. I am facing the problem, in which my when enter some letter from the keyboard it is not getting typed instead it is opening some other thing (for example, if I type "f" is displaying the function of Ctrl+f function). If I press Esc windows menu is appearing, and the windows menu is not working. Some tricky issues. Can anyone help in this regard to solve the problem?

Regards
    Anand V.S.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 19, 2007, 04:03 AM
    Have you tried tapping both CTRL buttons a few times to see if they're stuck down?
    almertah Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2009, 02:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by StuMegu View Post
    Have you tried tapping both CTRL buttons a few times to see if
    they're stuck down?
    I have the same issue in my ASUS M2 laptop any one can help
    talking_goat Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 05:21 AM

I would remove the keyboard (make sure the battery is out and no ac pluged in) take 70%alchohol with a very soft toothbrush and a very very gentle touch, scrub the alcohol down the whole keyboard be easy as not to knock off keys . After, just run it under warm water to rinse grime (alchohol loosens crud it doesn't make it vanish) I know your saying HUH water? But yes this is a very effective way .You may have never spilled any thing on it but the grease and oil from your fingers is a dirt and crud magnet. Last thing let the keyboard dry out in the sun w/ keys faced down as not to warp them from heat. I let them dry for 12 hrs to be sure. Also before doing all this plug a external keyboard in and see if it does the same, if so its in your Window files. Hope I helpd you guys.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I disable the laptop keyboard when adding an external keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop keyboard is screwed up - tried to add an external through a usb port - bad keys on laptop keyboard take priority over external keyboard - tried to uninstall laptop keyboard, but system requests reboot to finish - after reboot system "finds" laptop keyboard and reinstalls - any ideas?

IBM laptop keyboard [ 1 Answers ]

How do I unlock my IBM laptop keyboard?

Laptop keyboard problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an acer and am having weird things happen with the keyboard The following keys when pressed produce a collection of characters Pressing a gives /. nf and sends it to the top of the page or window being typed in Pressing the caps lock key gives # ';mhg where ';mhg goes to the line...

Laptop keyboard [ 2 Answers ]

I turned on my laptop this morning and I can't seem to type out the letters "o" and "p",

View more questions Search