Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raoun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Computer hangs while installing xpsp2
    Hi! My computer hanged after booting. I restarted it several times but no use. So I thought that it might be the problem of virus so I tried to install the xp again. It hanged while installing and I restarted the computer and it again started the installation but while installing the Network Component - where we have to choose the Typical or Custom - it hanged again. My mouse and keyboard didn't responded.

Can any body help me??

Thenks in advance,
    With regards,
    Umesh
    benn11 Posts: 1,036, Reputation: 43
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 01:04 AM
    When it hangs does it automatically restarts?
    PoM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2007, 01:36 AM
    Check your netowrk components like LAN Card and hardware devices.
    We have select "Typical" option duing installtion.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 19, 2007, 04:08 AM
    Remove any unnecessary equipment from the computer like printers, scanners etc until the installation is complete.

You will then have at least eliminated them from the suspect list if it still doesn't work and found your suspects if it works afterwards.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 19, 2007, 04:21 AM
    Usually if a problem survives a format of the hard drive, then it's hardware related. Try taking out the network card if you can (if it's not built in to the motherboard), since that's where it hangs. If not, try running memtest (Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool) on the RAM. RAM is one of the most common hardware problems, and can make it look like just about anything else, since pretty much everything uses it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer hangs up while installing xp [ 4 Answers ]

Help me please! I am building my first PC based on the Asus K8V-X and AMD Sempron 2800+. I'm also using my old Nvidia video card, Soundblaster live, my old 80 gb Seagate hard drive and one Samsung pC3200 memory. The problem is ,the computer hangs up every time at the same spot whenever I...

Computer hangs up frequently [ 8 Answers ]

My computer seems to be getting progressively worse about hanging up. Not just one program but several, OE, Netzero, exec, and others. I use cntrl/alt/del and the message simply tells me the program is not responding (well duh!). Sometimes it will even hang up on close down and the only thing to do...

Computer hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My comp get hanged very often some time the same programe open even if we don't open it why is it so?

Computer hangs after recognizing hardware [ 3 Answers ]

I have a home built computer that has been running perfectly for about 5 yrs. It has an MSI (K7T266 pro2), one gig of RAM, 1.6 AMD Athlon chip running win xp pro. As of this morning the machine boots to the point of recognizing the hardware and whether its working etc, at this point it hangs and...

View more questions Search