Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cutieo1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 08:07 PM
    Effects on tides
    What is the effect on the tides when gravitational force of the sun is added to that of the moon?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 19, 2007, 08:02 AM
    Although the effect of the sun on earth's tides is less than the effect of the moon, if the two are aligned (i.e. during either a new or full moon) you get higher tides than when they are not. These are called "spring tides." When the sun and moon are not aligned (that is, during 1st and 3rd quarter moon) the sun's effect on the tides partially cancels out the moon's, and you get smaller tides (called "neap" tides).
    jazmay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 11, 2012, 04:52 AM
    There is no evidence that eclipses have any physical effect on humans. However, eclipses have always been capable of producing profound psychological effects. For millennia, solar eclipses have been interpreted as portents of doom by virtually every known civilization. These have stimulated responses that run the gamut from human sacrifices to feelings of awe and bewilderment. Although there are no direct physical effects involving known forces, the consequences of the induced human psychological states have led to physical effects.
    Although not proven scientifically, some religions believe that pregnant women should stay indoors during a solar eclipse to prevent the baby from developing birth defects. Hindus also believe that water becomes undrinkable and food becomes inedible.The only proven scientific fact about from a solar eclispse is if you watch it without adequate protection for you eyes you can go blind

EFFEcts of tides in your health..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are the effects of metathione? [ 0 Answers ]

I've been taking metathione for several months already and I would just like to ask the side effects of metathione. Would it not hinder any normal functions in the body?? I'm looking forward for an answer..

Effects of tides [ 1 Answers ]

What is the effect on the tides when the gravitational force of the sun is added to that of the moon?

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

Effects of time [ 3 Answers ]

Where would I look for a job based on time since a felony conviction? Mine was in 1988. I would like to think that 19 years would make some kind of difference.

View more questions Search