Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vbljrhome Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Plumbing Requirements For New Shower
    I am building a new home and serving as general contractor. I am ready to order supplies and components for bath rooms and need to know if there is such a thing as a waste drain fixture for showers. I know there is such a feature for bath tubs. Thanks for your help.
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Sep 23, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Yes, there are standard waste drains made for both ABS and PVC drain pipe stub-ups for new construction. (If you are using old methods connecting to cast iron piping, the cost may be a bit more to match up to pre-cast molded shower pans.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replace shower Plumbing Valve assembly shower head 2 knobs [ 3 Answers ]

In a fiberglass corner shower shell. What I have is an old leaking rusted Shower valve assembly. It leaks from the Shower head that is a hand sprayer with a wall mount from the sprayer. It also leaks around the both the hot and cold water wall mount knobs. The cold water knob the sleeve that...

Shower plumbing [ 4 Answers ]

My shower drain rough in is 1-2 inches from the rough wall in the basement floor It is a 2 in pipe with trap built in . Do I need to raise the shower or tub floor to connect drain to this hole any diagrams would be greatly helpful.

Plumbing vent stack requirements [ 2 Answers ]

I am re-doing a master bathroom. Currently there are (2) separate vent stacks in the upstairs, for two separate bathrooms. One stack from each bathroom. Can I elimiate one of the vent stacks and simply tie into the other and have (1) vent stack servicing both bathrooms. The master bath had...

Help with shower plumbing [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find a way to install a shower at my business. There's no floor drain available, but there is a wall drain where a sink used to be. Is there a kit of some sort that utilizes a pump so that I could pump from the shower to the wall drain? Thanks!

Plumbing question for new shower [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Looking for some advice on plumbing the drain on a Schluter-Kerdi shower system. I am a pretty confident DIY’er, but almost contracted this out until I found these great web sites! I am replacing an existing 3’x5’ tub with an already purchased Schluter-Kerdi system (which requires the...

View more questions Search