Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    octobermoon Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 02:13 PM
    Pain med and drug screen
    Hi I was wondering if someone could help. I became disabled in 2004. I do not want to go through disability or social security, so it is time I get a job. I have to take pain med.How would I deal with a drug screen with new employer? Thank You!:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Hello october:

If the pain med is prescribed, you're cool. At least, you SHOULD be cool. I don't know. Some companies might shy away from you. Damn drug war!

excon
    kayakinggirl Posts: 58, Reputation: 5

Sep 18, 2007, 06:46 PM
    If it's a prescribed medication and you have a note from your doctor or have the prescript bottle, you should be OK. I've had drug screens before. I take narcotics for migraines and I bring a letter from my doctor and the bottle for the medication.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 07:08 PM
    When you take a drug screen, one of the questions is what medication are you talking, So you provide them a list of the medication the doctor has you on. They may wish to verify the doctor has given you this medication.
    I take a small drug store every day, a list of aobut 12 drugs every day and another 3 from time to time. I just provide a typed list when I do a drug screen.
    baseballmom14 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2007, 05:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by octobermoon
    Hi i was wondering if someone could help. I became disabled in 2004. I do not want to go through disability or social security, so it is time i get a job. I have to take pain med.How would I deal with a drug screen with new employer? Thank You!:confused:
    Explain to your future employer that you have prescriptions authorized by a doctor and be able to provide the information /proof to who ever does the screening. Good luck with your employment

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Doxie diarrhea after Heartgard med [ 8 Answers ]

Is there a safe home remedy for short-term diarrhea caused by heartworm meds? My 12 pound Doxie got a bad case and after two days of messes, I need a quick fix for next time and is it OK to give her 1/2 dose since it's given to dogs up to 25 lbs. And what's the best food to feed after a case of...

Drug Screen [ 1 Answers ]

How long does hydrocodone stay in your system and detectable through drug screens?

Re:unknown med [ 2 Answers ]

Geez! I was joking about taking it folks. Sorry, did'nt mean to cause a fuss. My Mom died of CA, and I just wondered what the name of it was so I could look it up in the PDR. I'm a nurse not a nutcase! Sorry everybody!!

Med edu [ 3 Answers ]

How to become a plastic surgeon?

Can taking a specific med. Cause migraines, and other... [ 2 Answers ]

I recently was in the hospitol for vomiting, blurry vision, seeing 2 of everything, very dizzy and off balance, and had a terrible migraine located in the front of my forehead. My doctor took me off 100 mg Zoloft about a month or so ago, then for 7days, 50mg Zoloft for 7 days, then 25mg along with...

View more questions Search