Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeep1995 Posts: 40, Reputation: 7

Sep 18, 2007, 02:05 PM
    How do I ask her to marry me.
    First some background. We have the blessing of family and friends already. We are religious. I have a beautiful ring made up for her. She has a very friendly outgoing personallity. I am not shy but have been known to freeze giving public speeches. I am going to propose to her at church during the service. Our pastor has given me the blessing so far to do this. Her mom and I have made a powerpoint presentation of her mom and I getting the ring made, with her favorite song as the audio. Its very well put together!

My only question is... what do I say. I want to keep it short and to the point, but I am not the best at coming up with mushy things to say. I know what I feel and there's no question how strongly I feel about her, I am just having a tough time with putting it all together.

Any suggestions? Maybe just throw some ideas out there for me...

I know this is pretty pathetic... maybe I should just go up to her and let it flow?
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 18, 2007, 02:18 PM
    Might I ask how old you are?

Sep 18, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnownw
    Might I ask how old you are?
    27 she's 26...

No I'm not 16 ha ha!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 02:28 PM
    Just my suggestion...

Let the powerpoint speak for itself. At the end have a slide of the words...

"Amy (or whatever her name is) will you marry me?"
    JohnSnownw Posts: 322, Reputation: 51

Sep 18, 2007, 02:33 PM
    Well, presumably you've been together for a while, and know each other pretty well. So, I would suggest you tell her how you feel and how the time you've spent together has convinced you that she's the one you want to get old with. Obviously, you're not going to say verbatim what I just wrote, but hopefully something that conveys that message. Good luck and congrats!

Sep 18, 2007, 02:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9
    Just my suggestion....

Let the powerpoint speak for itself. At the end have a slide of the words......

"Amy (or whatever her name is) will you marry me?"

Damn good advice. Her mom and I talked about doing this... I can definitely write it, I just suck at speaking in public. I feel more than comfortable letting everyone know just how I feel about her, but I get all sweatty and shaky, like a little bi.tch!! Hahaha

Seriously I think I might go with this suggestion as I have already thought about it. The guy at church doing the presentation would be more than happy to work with me.

Is this taking the easy way out? Or do you think it will look like it took effort! I would be willing to do anything just so she knows how important she is to me! Even speak in publlic...

A private proposal is out of the question. She mentioned church would be her ideal place, and that's what she's getting...

Sep 18, 2007, 02:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSnownw
    Well, presumably you've been together for a while, and know each other pretty well. So, I would suggest you tell her how you feel and how the time you've spent together has convinced you that she's the one you want to get old with. Obviously, you're not going to say verbatim what I just wrote, but hopefully something that conveys that message. Good luck and congrats!
    Yes your cat can has cheesburger time!! Ahhahahha

Thanks
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 02:51 PM
    No, it's not taking the easy way out!! Giggle, it's taking the memorable way out. I have a friend who's hubby was nervous but was a sportscaster at a local ball field. He proposed on the neon light boards at the ball field. She will never forget that day as the game was a sell out!!

Surprise is the fun way to go. She will never forget and it will be a family story for generations.
    star3114 Posts: 234, Reputation: 44

Sep 18, 2007, 05:53 PM
    First of all, I think you are doing a very sweet thing. As far as proposing, you may consider pre recording the message and adding at the end to the power point. That way you can re-record as many times as you want to get it right. It can be an audio or video of you recapping why you want to marry her and then it can go to the slide that says will you marry me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

6 years and counting, to marry or not to marry [ 7 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend for 6 years, is it time to get married?

Will he marry me? [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 10yrs. And he haven't asked me to marry me . Should I move on or stick with him.

I want to marry him [ 4 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend. But why didn't he ask me marry him? We are both going to graduate from college. Maybe I am a little simple and know little about marriage. All I know is I love him. I wish you all happiness with family forever!

Re-marry [ 1 Answers ]

I married someone 20 years ago when I was in the Marines, I shipped out a few weeks later and never heard from or saw my "wife" again. I have no idea where she is. I would like to marry again, how do I go about making it legal?

View more questions Search