Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    neva40213 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Short sale
    When a short sale is not accepted what is the next best option?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 08:04 PM
    1. See what offer will be if you can
    2. see if buyer will offer more
    3. look for new buyer
    4. see if they will allow you to carry a personal note for the balance between offer and amount they will accept.

Or of course they want to foreclose, I have been told this week by some loan people that their lenders are not accepting a lot of short sales but going on to foreclosures for some reason

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Short Sale rights for heirs [ 3 Answers ]

One two

Short sale [ 1 Answers ]

How long does the owner get to have the house under short sale? Is there a time frame before the lender will take it back and foreclose on the house?

Relocated , Buy house before short sale? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband has been relocated with his company from California to Oregon. We've had our house up for sale for almost 3 months now reducing the price gradually from 269k to 229k w/out any calls. I've had different options thrown out at me. Some say buy a house in Oregon, before negotiating a short...

Short Sale v. Foreclosure [ 4 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of advice! My husband and I bought our house in 2004 and have refinanced twice since then, due to medical bills, job loss, etc. My husband got taken for a real ride with this last refi he signed. We are currently in a negative am adding $2000 a month to our loan... we need...

FHA short sale [ 4 Answers ]

I sold my house over 4 years ago via a short sale because I had been laid off and could no longer afford to pay my monthly mortgage. I received a letter in the mail yesterday, Feb 22, 2007, from HUD saying that I owed them $4900. I can only assume that this is from the property that was sold 01/03,...

View more questions Search