Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    John Da Posts: 195, Reputation: 3

Sep 18, 2007, 11:07 AM
    Retired Engineer :)
    There was an engineer who had an exceptional gift for fixing all things mechanical. After serving his company loyally for over 30 years, he happily retired.

Several years later the company contacted him regarding a seemingly impossible problem they were having with one of their multi-million dollar machines. They had tried everything and everyone else to get the machine fixed, but to no avail. In desperation, they called on the retired engineer who had solved so many of their problems in the past. The engineer reluctantly took the challenge.

He spent a day studying the huge machine. At the end of the day, he marked a small "x" in chalk on a particular component of the machine and proudly stated, "This is where your problem is".

The part was replaced and the machine worked perfectly again. The company received a bill for $50,000 from the engineer for his service. They demanded an itemized accounting of his charges.

The engineer responded with the following account:

Chalk: $1

Knowing where to put it: $49,999

It was paid in full and the engineer retired again in peace. :D :D
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 08:25 PM
    Knowing where to put it really is 99% of the battle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recording engineer [ 2 Answers ]

What is the best way to learn about audio engineering

Marine engineer license for a second engineer [ 1 Answers ]

Dear sir or madom What is the Prossure in uptaining an second marine engineer license ,

Looking for Retired Service Dog [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there. I live in the State of Washington and am looking to adopt a retired service dog. I would prefer either a German Shepherd or a Labrador, but am open. Can anyone guide me as to where I might find such an animal or am I dreaming?

View more questions Search