Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2007, 10:31 AM
    Definition of Science
    This may seem like a easy question but my kids had to give a definition of the word science. Sound easy enough right? We looked EVERYWHERE. It wasn't even in their science book. We looked on the internet. Am I missing something? I know there are all types of science. But how do you define it? And why wasn't it in their book?
    mahal_kita9 Posts: 75, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2007, 10:41 AM
    1. (n)branch of knowledge involving systemized observation and experimentation
    2. (n)systematic and formulated knowledge esp. on specific subject

Those were in the oxford american desk dictionary. Hope that helped some.
    Shanni4 Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 18, 2007, 07:45 PM
    Thanks a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Definition or Arts & Science [ 8 Answers ]

I've read many definitions of Art in different dictionaries. But none was satisfying enough. Once I brainstormed & with the blessings of God, definitions of Arts & Science came into my mind. Can you (reader) give me some comments/feedback weather this definition of mine is right or not or...

Your definition of a cult. [ 66 Answers ]

What religions do you believe are cults and why

Definition of Translation [ 1 Answers ]

In accounting, the trem "translation" refers to: a. the calculations of gains or lossed from hedging transactions b. the claculation of exchange rate gains or losses on individual transactions in foreign currencies c. the procedure required to identify a company's functional currency d. the...

Flirting, a definition. [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so... I'm not the shyest of guys I know what to say and what to do to get a girl thinking about me, Its not a bad/ sleazy thing at all, because sleaziness is taking it to the next level. So what I want to ask is... What is involved in flirting? People say I do it... and people say girls...

View more questions Search