Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Inheritance and inlaws
    I have 2 children from a previous marriage and have none with my current husband of 10 yrs. His mother has her property in a trust splitting it between him and his sister as beneficeries when she dies. But... she has added a stipulation, if my husband dies before she does, his portion would go to the sister rather than myself and my children. I feel like we haven't been accepted as family. He has practically raised my 2 kids. Any advice as to how I should or should not feel?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 06:29 AM
    These children are not blood relations. I see no reason why the mother should want to provide for them. Now it may or may not be a slight against you. But you have no rights in the matter. Better to just let it slide then cause problems in the family.
    Terri Diegel Posts: 27, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 06:33 AM
    Okay, thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problems with inlaws [ 1 Answers ]

I will try to shorten this as much as I can but will start with saying, I need some advise with inlaws. My mother in law seems to have some mental problems, she has been married 4 times and is now 68 and alone. She has 2 kids, one being my husband and a daughter. She put both her kids on the deed...

How to get inlaws out legally in CA [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Fresno, CA. My father in law has stayed with me for a few months (unsure how long). He soon became aggressive towards my children. My husband has spoken to him many times telling him that he would need to stop hitting the kids. It got to the point that the kids were begging us to get...

Siblings and Inlaws [ 3 Answers ]

I have two older brothers who are both married, and I'm single. My middle brother and I both agree that when my Dad passes away the only people who will be able to make any decisions should be my two brothers and myself. My oldest brother wants his wife to be able to make decisions too. His wife is...

My ex inlaws [ 5 Answers ]

I have 3 grown children (his,mine & ours) mine was adopted as was his one family. But my ex in-laws have interfered from the beginning telling her I was a bad mother & she didn't have to listen to him , he wasn't her Daddy. She is 27 now and has a drug problem, bipolar ,on corrections, looks like...

View more questions Search