Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Highway Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Sep 18, 2007, 04:04 AM
    Furnace blower will not shut off
    I just lit my pilot light for my furnace. And turned it on. Now the blower will not shut off when I have the thermostat set on auto, or even when I switch it off. I have to go downstairs and switch the main power switch off. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. It gave me no trouble all summer with the a/c what could be the problem?
    acetc Posts: 1,004, Reputation: 79
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2007, 03:21 PM
    Probably an adjustment on the fan limit switch, this is the part that brings on the fan in the heating mode.

Sep 19, 2007, 06:25 AM
    How do I find the limit switch?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2007, 08:26 AM
    Check the sticky at the top of this forum.

Sep 24, 2007, 07:11 AM
    Please train my dog to fix the furnace fan or tell me how Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ryobi Blower won't shut off [ 6 Answers ]

As the subjects suggests, my hand-held Ryobi Blower #ry08510 won't shut off when I press the kill switch or open the vacuum door. All connections appear to be in good order. Could I need a new coil unit? Thanks. Will

Fireplace Blower won't shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I have one of those fireplaces that turns on with the flip of a switch. I turned it on yesterday to see if it worked (just moved into the house) and now I can't get the blower to turn off. I have turned off the gas with the gas key, but the blower is still on. Anyone know how to turn the darn...

RHEEM RCB-125, blower shut off [ 1 Answers ]

I think I know the problem but before I risk life, limb, and property, I thought I should run it by someone else. My blower went out last winter and I had it replaced by a local company. I took me quite a while to realize that it now never shuts off. I thought it might be the thermostat, so I...

Blower will not shut off [ 1 Answers ]

The furnace is an electric intertherm.Last night the blower continued to run even though the heating elements had stopped and never did shut off.The only way to get it shut off is to turn off the breaker.The switch is set to auto on the fan.The furnace works fine,the blower for some reason has...

View more questions Search