Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PROMAC Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 02:50 AM
    Cost To Build, per square foot.
    A customer has asked me how much I am going to charge her to build her house, per square foot. Can anyone help this "new" general contractor determine a fair price?
    Thanks
    PROMAC:confused:
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 18, 2007, 04:23 AM
    You would have to determine how big she wants her house first. For instance, you must know how to find the square footage of a room, say a room is 8 ft.by l0 ft. multiplied makes the room 80 square feet.

I don't think that is a professional way to give her an estimate because so many materials go into building a house, too many variables. How would you determine the cost of everything to work it into square footage? Tell me you are kidding ? Right ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bid per square foot [ 4 Answers ]

I have just got back into doing interior construcion cleaning. I am having problems finding out what is the going rate per sq. ft. I was in cleaning about 10 yrs ago so the prices have change dramatically. Before I took over the business from someone else, so I never got to do the bidding or...

Square foot [ 14 Answers ]

I need to know the inches per side of a 24 square foot board.

Painting - Pricing by the square foot [ 8 Answers ]

I've been reading some of the posts and replies regarding pricing a paint job by the square foot. I would like it if someone can help me make sense of the following scenarios, the scenarios do not include paint, patch work, textured surface and ceiling. Example 1:Room 10' X 10' room @ $.70 per...

Law on how much roommates pay per square foot? [ 4 Answers ]

In San Francisco, I'm currently paying a $1,000 for two rooms while my other two roommates are paying $650 each for two rooms each, and they have two of the biggest rooms in the house. One of the roommates is moving out, and my rent is going down to $750-$800. My roommate and I (his name is on...

View more questions Search