Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cbd2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 01:34 AM
    Trying to repair my credit is using a credit repair agency any good?
    Hi I am trying to repair my credit in the USA but don't know about using a US credit repair agency. Has anybody has any advice?
    Thank you

C
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2007, 01:41 AM
    Yes, DON'T.
    They promise the world, cost a small fortune and generally don't deliver.

The UK CRA's are a pain, but workable.
    PM me if you need further details and I'll show you a site that can help.

There's more than one way to skin a cat ;)
    You can repair your own credit file, takes time and a lot of letters, but its very straightforward.
    cbd2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2007, 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd2007
    hi i am trying to repair my credit in the USA but dont know about using a US credit repair agency. has anybody has any advice?
    thank you

C
    Thank you for very much for your response would you please let me know the site thanks
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 18, 2007, 01:49 AM
    Ermmm well as you have changed your original question to say USA, I can't assist as I only deal with UK CRA's.

I'm confused as you are posting from Slough, yet asking about US CRA's?
    AndyWilliams Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2007, 08:07 AM
    I generally would not recommend a credit repair agency, but instead a credit education program like the one offered at BrightScore - Credit Education, Credit Score and Credit Report Analysis. It's $25 and tells you all about your credit and how you can improve your standing.
    kashiffj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Hello You can repair your own credit report. By calling them and complaining about what's wrong with you report. And the letters you have to write are helpful. It takes a lot of time.I had mine cleaned and now I have cleaned all .of my friends.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWilliams
    I generally would not recommend a credit repair agency, but instead a credit education program like the one offered at BrightScore - Credit Education, Credit Score and Credit Report Analysis. It's $25 and tells you all about your credit and how you can improve your standing.
    Hello Andy:

I'm sure you can be a help here because you know about this stuff. However, your information won't be taken seriously if it's considered ADVERTISING - which yours is.

I went to the site. I see that you have a financial interest in it. Don't sell your stuff here.

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 22, 2007, 07:17 AM
    I agree with excon, he's advertising: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...archid=2083732
    Brightscore = InCharge

We're not fond of this here. Help the person on the forum for free or don't post.
    creditrepairguy Posts: 2, Reputation: 0
    -

Dec 27, 2007, 03:29 AM
    Credit repair companies have a bad reputation, but there are some very reputable, trustworthy companies out there. Eventually their reputation will get better. It's still fairly a new topic, really.

Check out Top Credit Repair Sites to read reviews and prices, etc about the most popular credit repair sites online.
    farmgirlmo Posts: 107, Reputation: 2

Dec 31, 2007, 01:43 AM
    Check out myFICO - FICO Credit Scores | Get a Free Credit Report Online LOTSSSSSS of useful information there. It helped me greatly in understanding different things on my credit report, how to fix the mistakes, how to take care of a few forgotten accounts, etc.
    Tyler30 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cbd2007
    hi i am trying to repair my credit in the USA but dont know about using a US credit repair agency. has anybody has any advice?
    thank you

C
    Only use the national credit counseling agencies,they are very low cost as compared to the for profit companies

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Credit Repair [ 4 Answers ]

There are so many credit repair companies and web sites around. You also hear about schemes and other people fanaggling ways to get you to pay them to help you repair your credit or increase your score. How does one know who to trust? Has anyone really gotten success with any of these companies?...

Credit repair [ 5 Answers ]

Im a single mother of 2, with a horrible credit score. In the past I hire a company for debt consolidation, but it was a fraud (gibson co.) they never pay my creditors and I send them more that $ 4,000 . They declare bankruptcy after a while. I already consolidated those bills, now I have my car...

Credit Repair [ 5 Answers ]

I have a poor credit report. I am able at this time to pay off what I owe. Is it possible to make arrangements with a credit company to remove bad credit if payment is made in full? If so, what type of letter would best work? Thanks for you time mica

How to repair my credit [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 21 yrs old and fixing to get married I want to repair my credit of some past mistakes from being young and stupid and having some fincial hardships. I've been trying to pay off my debts and I've manged to do that with some but I can't pay off my credit card balances in full and I don't have a...

Credit repair [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone used the credit company in columbus called CCCS? It is on Broad Street on the east side. I wanted to go to them for help but I know nothing about them. Are they good at what they say they do?

View more questions Search