Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slsayantan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Reading cookies
    Can anybody help me out? Can anyone tell me how to read cookies? Actually a deceiver hacked my password of Google account and using it and it got to know that he knows the process of reading cookies and he got my password from the cookies.. :p... if I can read the cookies I wll be able to know the password that he changed
    biggsie Posts: 1,267, Reputation: 125
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 10:23 PM
    I did a Google search and found some help -- let me know if this helps

how to read cookies - Google Search

JavaScript: reading cookies
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 18, 2007, 06:32 AM
    Its unlikely that your password is stored in a cookie. Cookies are also encrypted so that only the site that created them can read them.
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Sep 18, 2007, 08:54 AM
    I can show you how to read a cookie, but it won't help you get the password to your account. You have to log in with the correct password before it will show up in a cookie, and even then, it will be encrypted like scottgem said (like on this site... it looks like an MD5 hash. It would take several YEARS to decrypt a password from MD5).

Reading your cookies CAN be useful, however, to see what kinds of things pages are tracking on you, and help keep your personal information secure.

Just go to the page where you want to see your cookie, and type in the address bar:
    Javascript:alert(document.cookie);

You may or may not need the ; on the end, but type that in the address bar and hit enter, it shold show the contents of your cookie for that site.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cricket cookies [ 21 Answers ]

I have decided to start eating bugs. Here is a great recipe for cricket cookies. Try it... you will like it! Have a tooth pick handy as their hind legs do get stuck in your teeth. I am looking for recipies using worms. If anyone has any please let me know. I am looking for the recipe that uses deep...

Tracking Cookies [ 2 Answers ]

My operating system is WindowsXP. On a previous (older) operating system I was able to get a listing of the cookies in my computer using Windows Explorer and thereby select individually which one(s) I wanted to delete. With WindowsXP the only way I found to delete cookies is selecting...

Tracking cookies [ 1 Answers ]

When I run adaware se,it always shows three tracking cookies,but it also shows in excess of 30 to 35 times for spywarenukerXT,I checked on Google for this but it was to deep for me,so asking for help explaining what spywarenukerXT is, & how to get rid of it once & for all! Also explain how I am...

Cookies [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a page where I can find out who owns the cookies that keep appearing when I do scan?? Toydajo

View more questions Search