Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desmon1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 25, 2005, 09:43 PM
    Winme and winxp networking problem
    :confused: I got (a)winme PC and (b)winxp sp2 PC running a workgroup networking,
    The question is why I cannot access the file shared on winme fom the winxp PC. I can ping from winme PC to winxp PC but I cannot ping the winxp PC to winme PC. Both the PC can access internet through the same router the there are connected?? Can some one help ASAP... thank you
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Sep 26, 2005, 12:49 AM
    Check your firewall settings on both machines!
    Press2Esc Posts: 251, Reputation: 10

Oct 25, 2005, 09:51 AM
    Make sure you have setup a share folder a/o file on BOTH PCs.

P2E

Quote Originally Posted by desmon1
    :confused: i got (a)winme pc and (b)winxp sp2 pc running a workgroup networking,
    the question is why i cannot access the file shared on winme fom the winxp pc. i can ping from winme pc to winxp pc but i cannot ping the winxp pc to winme pc. both the the pc can access internet through the same router the there are connected?????? can some one help ASAP ....thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Problem networking printer [ 7 Answers ]

I just added a new laptop to my home network. It's a Dell Latitude running windows XP pro. I had successfully been using another (IBM running Windows 98) and had it all networked fine, but I cannot get the printer to work with this one. I have tried setting it up tried to install the proper...

Creating multiboot in win98/winme [ 4 Answers ]

How can we creat multi operating system in win98 and winme.

Win95/win98/winnt/winme/winxp [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm actually trying to differentiate between following OS's:Win 95/98/NT/ME/XP. So can anyone let me know the differences in a tabular form or any site that has a clear cut tabular definitions of the aforementioned. I want to know the differences of all the OS's, so as to enable me...

Win95/win98/winnt/winme/winxp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I'm actually trying to differentiate between following OS's:Win 95/98/NT/ME/XP. So can anyone let me know the differences in a tabular form or any site that has a clear cut definitions of the aforementioned. I want to know the differences of all the OS's

View more questions Search