Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xn51 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 06:27 PM
    Concrete slab:Toilet flange below floor level
    I am Installing a hardwood floor on a concrete slab. In order for that type of installation I will need to build up the sub-floor with 1/4 plywood alone with 3/4 hardwood floor. I am installing this in the bathroom. The flange of for the toilet will be about an 1" below the floor level. How do I build the flange up to be floor level or Is there a wax ring out there I could use that would do the job? Please help
    stew_1962 Posts: 255, Reputation: 10

Sep 17, 2007, 06:48 PM
    Here's a link. You should be able to get these at your home center or plumbing supply store.

"Closet flanges, plastic pipe hangers, plumbing specialty fittings, toilet flanges, tub trim kits, E-Z Access Panels & Storage Boxes" as manufactured by J-tec Products Co. for the Plumbing Industry
    doug238 Posts: 1,560, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 08:53 PM
    What kind of piping is in your home? What kind of flange? Is it currently an inside flange or an outside flange? Is it 4" or 3" ? Is the new flooring down yet? Is the toilet removed yet?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 3, 2010, 08:08 AM
    Are you sure you don't want to install an engineered wood floor on a slab? You are using solid flooring? Have you tested the dampness?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 3, 2010, 08:35 AM

Joy,
    You're responding to a three year old dead thread. Check the upper left hand corner for the date. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing toilet over new hardwood floors - flange is now below floor level [ 2 Answers ]

I have remodeled a bathroom and replaced carpet floors with hardwood. This now puts the toilet flange below the floor level. Is there a thicker or additional flange to bring the connection (with the toilet) level up 1/2 to 3/4 inches?

Toilet flange above floor level [ 56 Answers ]

I've seen plenty about the opposite problem - maybe this is something less common: my toilet flange is above the anticipated floor level. I recently removed old tile from the bathroom floor, planning to install new tile. In so doing, I discovered that the old tile was set on about 3 inches of...

PVC flange on concrete slab [ 2 Answers ]

Hey speedball1 (and anyone else interested)... after some thought, I decided to pull the toilet up again before committing to caulking it down. At very least I thought I should jam lots of plastic toilet shims under the flange to support it in the event the toilet comes to rest on it. Attached...

Toilet flange below the floor level- URGENT [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I just quickly reviewed all postings here trying to see if I can find an anwer to my question, but some things are too difficult for me to understand, as I am not familiar with the whole subject. I hired a plumber to install a new toilet in half a bath in the basement. The old toilet...

View more questions Search