Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    de_010_gemini Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2007, 04:48 PM
    Belly ring troubles
    :eek: ummm, well I got mi navel pierced and it sort of has this small bump, it is soft and its kind of under mi belly ring, but when I move the ring to the side I can see it, do any of you no what it is?? is it suppose 2 look like this?? and its lighter than tha rest of the hole when it gt pierced at, but the bottom of the piercing looks fine! Watz up wif that?? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 04:49 PM
    It sounds like what I call an "irritation bump".

Is it swollen? Red? Have you been playing with it a lot? Put in any new jewelry lately? Got it caught on anything?

**EDIT** - And how old is the piercing?

Sep 17, 2007, 04:57 PM
    I don't think its swollen and its not red [[im brown skin]],I don't play with it a lot, but mi shirts do kind of rub on it a bit.
    And tha piercing was done in June

Sep 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Oh mayb I do cause I kind of touch it w/out washing mi hands to pluck the crusties off :(
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 04:59 PM
    It could be irritated due to your shirts rubbing on it.

Does it have any discharge at all? And how often are you cleaning it, and what do you clean it with?
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by de_010_gemini
    oh mayb i do cause i kinda touch it w/out washin mi hands to pluck the crusties off :(
    That could most certainly do it.

Anytime you touch your piercing you must wash your hands first with antibacterial soap to prevent bacteria from getting into the piercing.

Also, when you take the crusties off, you should be doing it with a Q-tip rather than with your hands.

Sep 19, 2007, 02:01 PM
    Yea it has discharge, and I clean it every time I see the crusties so like 3 times a day, I use this mixture of sea salt and water my piercer gave me
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 02:04 PM
    The piercing is 3 months old, you should reduce cleaning to once a day. When you shower is the easiest time to do it.

Also, I do not personally recommend using sea salt, but if you do use it, don't use it 3 times a day. That is more harmful than helpful, and it should also not be your primary means of cleaning it. Clean it with antibacterial soap.

What kind of discharge is coming out of it?

When you clean it, make sure you remove the crusties gently with a Q-tip. Don't pick at it with your fingers/nails. That is very bad.
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2007, 02:04 PM
    Oops -- posted the previous post twice by accident.

Sep 20, 2007, 05:34 PM
    What do u mean what kind of discharge?the color?
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2007, 05:35 PM
    Yes, color? Does it smell bad?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When can I change my belly ring? [ 5 Answers ]

I got my belly pierced 3weeks ago and the person who pierced it said to come back in a month-6 weeks and that they will change the belly ring for me. Well I'm wondering after they change the belly ring how long I have to wait until I can change it again?

My Belly Ring Will Not Unscrew!what Do I Do? [ 32 Answers ]

Hey you, I got my belly button pierced and I tried 2 get it off last night and its STUCK!! I tried using pliers but it hurts and it won't turn in any direction (left nor right)And when I try 2 unscrew it it won't turn, and its pussing a little now. Wat do I do?? Should I go 2 tha doctors or is...

Left belly ring out too long [ 2 Answers ]

Listin I need help fast I took my elly button ring out because it got red and my mom wa sgetting mad and now I'm worried I can't put it back in because it hurts I've had it for 6 months now will it close up if I leave it out for 3 days Some one help

Belly Ring Stuck [ 6 Answers ]

hey Everyone, I am writing because I need your help. I recently got my belly ring pierced (july 2006) and today I had to go to the radiologist because I was in a car accident last week and needed some x-rays done. Anyway, long story short, they asked me to take my belly ring out but I couldn't...

Belly Pierecing troubles! [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I have had my belly piereced about a year ago and have just recently taken it out due to infection I think... I have now had it out for about 3 months and its healing nicely I would just like to know how long this would take to heal and would would I be able to have it piereced again as in threw...

View more questions Search