Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dell Computer Dude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2005, 10:57 PM
    Recently spayed dog barely eating..
    Hello,

I have a 5 year old dog (pic below) which was spayed almost 6 days ago. She barely drinks or eats anything at all. She just nibbles a few small bites of food and then just leaves it. The dog had a very healthy appetite before this... eating about (2) 16oz cans of food, and a bowl of dry dog food a day, on top of an occasional rabbit. :eek: I'm not sure what to do at all. I keep her inside most of the time... mainly due to coyotes and stray dogs. I let her outside one morning, phone rings, I come inside to answer, hear yelping... of course I know what was going on. So I take her to be spayed, and she wasn't pregnant. I feel awful, I did this needlessly it seems. It's driving me crazy just watching her lay around looking sad and barely eating. :( Is this normal for dogs to act this way after being fixed?

Any help will be appreciated.

labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Sep 25, 2005, 06:56 AM
    No it is not normal. I would get back with the vet in the morning. Even with a temporary problem, you did the right thing. It should save you and her no end of problems. For one thing, the female coyotes may try to kill her when she comes in season if not spayed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Puppy Barely Eating.. Please Help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Jason and yesterday my fiancé and myself picked up a small puppy. He has just been separated from her breed (brothers, sisters, mom and dad) and he has been barely touching her food. I am hand feeding the food to him so he can eat a little. Hes lucky if he eats 7-8 pieces.. I...

Is this because she is not spayed? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: hi, this is a great forum, and that is why I want to ask for any advice to my dog's behavior. She is a 6 year old ****zu, she is totally unfriendly with people ( not with dogs).She was like that since she was 2 years old, but it got worst. Every time, I have visitors, she keeps barking...

Incision Infection in Spayed Dog [ 1 Answers ]

My doxie-terrier pups were spade on Monday and have for the most part been recovering normally. Abby pulled out a couple of stitches Tuesday night, but the vet didn't seem overly concerned about it and assured us that her incision would heal normally. He also gave us Elizabethan collars for both...

Need Help/Info on Kitten Just Spayed... [ 6 Answers ]

undefinedundefined I am really worried and thought I would join here and see if someone could answer my question. I have an 7 month old female kitten I had spayed Thursday. It is now Satuday and shehas not had anything to eat or drink since 8pm Wednesday. I'm really worried. She had been moaning...

95 Civic barely started [ 1 Answers ]

Friend's 95 Civic would not fire. Cranked fine. After some trying burped once at end of crank. Then after waiting a few minutes gave a couple of puffs at the end. After minutes puffed a few more times. Then almost caught and kept running. Waited a couple minutes and then finally caught and ran...

View more questions Search