Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imidazol97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2005, 01:02 PM
    95 Civic barely started
    Friend's 95 Civic would not fire. Cranked fine. After some trying burped once at end of crank. Then after waiting a few minutes gave a couple of puffs at the end. After minutes puffed a few more times. Then almost caught and kept running. Waited a couple minutes and then finally caught and ran fine.

I had not checked the spark at beginning. But seemed like moisture had affected the spark. The car was ambient temp and it was cool at night then rains came through.
    Is there something in particular to check?
    Is there a part that needs attention, drying, cleaning in the distributor?

I told her not to worry unless it does it again when moisture might be causing a problem.

Thanks.
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Sep 24, 2005, 01:13 PM
    Check for spark next time. Perhaps a spark is weak.

When were distributor cap, rotor and spark plugs last replaced? Also, when you get a new distributor cap, try buying a new distributor seal. It would help keep moisture out of the distributor.

----- EDIT -----

Also, try cleaning your battery terminals, as well as contact points on battery cables. Ground connections too.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Puppy Barely Eating.. Please Help! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, My name is Jason and yesterday my fiancé and myself picked up a small puppy. He has just been separated from her breed (brothers, sisters, mom and dad) and he has been barely touching her food. I am hand feeding the food to him so he can eat a little. Hes lucky if he eats 7-8 pieces.. I...

Recently spayed dog barely eating.. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 5 year old dog (pic below) which was spayed almost 6 days ago. She barely drinks or eats anything at all. She just nibbles a few small bites of food and then just leaves it. The dog had a very healthy appetite before this... eating about (2) 16oz cans of food, and a bowl of dry...

94 civic started now won't... [ 2 Answers ]

Here's a good one... I just replaced head gasket on a 94 civic.. completed job.. jumped in car started her up ran nice real quiet started up on second try.. with car running I got out to look at the engine... noticed oil leaking from under valve cover.. nice... turned off car noticed vavle cover...

Cold water is barely next to nothing [ 1 Answers ]

We live in a mobile home. This morning our water was off. The city usually works on it or something. We have plenty of hot water going through our sinks and our tub. The toilet doesn't flush and the cold water is almost completely gone. The washer is out of order as well. No water going...

View more questions Search