Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lADiE ENVy Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 02:56 PM
    What's the difference between having sex and being sexually active?
    I'm a virgin but I was just wondering because I thought that having sex and being sexually active were the same thing but I read peoples posts and answers on here and I guess I was wrong.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 02:58 PM
    Having sex and being sexually active is the same thing. Unless you're talking about engaging in sexual activity without actually having intercourse. Is that what you're talking about?
    Skrypt Posts: 156, Reputation: 25

Sep 16, 2007, 03:00 PM
    Sexual activity would mean having to do something with 2 people and their genitals involved.
    That should answer your question
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 03:01 PM
    ... but if you are a virgin and plan on staying one until when ever, don't be doing stuff if you don't understand what you're doing, and don't be playing with matches if you don't want it to ignite (if you know what I mean)

Sep 16, 2007, 03:03 PM
    Yea that's what I'm talking about.. like touching, kissinq, ummm I don't know if fingering is sex or not but yea that's what I was talking about lol

Sep 16, 2007, 03:06 PM
    Homegirl 50- yea I know what you mean lol. I'm turning 18 and I got a boyfriend and I'm ready to have sex but I just want to wait. If it happens then it happens but I'm not actually TRYING
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 03:19 PM
    Well then I hope you are aware that he needs to be wearing a condom and you need to be practicing birth control.
    And give this some thought, Is this guy likely to be around 5-10 years from now? If you get pregnant is this guy someone you could see as a father to any kids? And if he is your age, 18-20 girl, forget it. Even if he's 22-24 he is not looking to be nobody's daddy or probably making the kind of emotional commitment that most girls would make to a boy she's going to give her virginity up to.
    You only have one. Make sure this guy is worthy and mature enough to respect and appreciate what you are giving up.

Sep 16, 2007, 03:32 PM
    yea I know what you mean that's the reason I'm waiting a while just to see but I'm really going to take your advice! Thanks! [=
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Good Girl.
    I wish you the best. And good for you, for still being a virgin. I was one till I got married at 23 and I have never regretted waiting.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 16, 2007, 03:39 PM
    This is a matter of interpretation. Sexual activity means any activity involving the "private parts", genitals, breasts, etc. Having sex might be interpreted as sexual activity or it might be restricted to sexual intercourse (which means penetration)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sexually active teen [ 8 Answers ]

I am trying to find some help for my younger sister. She is only 15 and has become sexually active. Having had an abortion at 17 I am scared that she may end up like me. I don't know how I can help her get birth control, can I give her mine? Or will it show up in tests? I don't want her to have to...

Sexually active for 3 years but only ever orgasmed though masturbation [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a 21 year old male that's been sexualy active for 3 years.ive had 2 seious gfs that I've done sexually plenty with but has never been able to orgasm other then masterbating... Im not sure what to do as I'm sick and tired of constantly being dissapointed every time I get alone time with my...

What's the difference between... [ 8 Answers ]

Masturbation and intercourse? I ask because I heard that masturbation for guys can negatively affect them, so I wonder if that's the case how come the sperm I during the intercourse doesn't have the same negative effects? Its sperm in both cases so what's the big deal about masturbation? By...

What's the difference in fittings [ 6 Answers ]

Can someone please explain the difference between dvw and water pipe as it pertaines to copper pipe fittings I asked this a while back and got one answer that was still a little bit vague , or more likely I'm still a little bit dumb! I think it has to do with the way the fitting s couple up as...

Does age difference matter sexually? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 34 and my live in boyfriend is 43. Sex with us has never been a 5 days a week kind of situation (we have only been together for 5 months). Now.. if I had my choice it would be everyday! But long story short is that sex just is not important to him. He says it never has been.(when we first met...

View more questions Search