Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mar106488 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 02:19 PM
    Wireless network won't come on when computer starts
    My wife's computers has a wireless USB receiver and transmitter connected and every time she boots up the device is not on. The transmitter plugs into a device that in turn is connnected to the computer via USB. When the computer finished booting up if you unplug the transmitter and then replug it in the computer says it recognizes the device and in a few minutes everything works fine.

This started several months ago. I'm not sure what could have caused it or how I can it back to starting automatically. Any Ideas?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 16, 2007, 02:20 PM
    Best idea would be to replace the USB device with a PCI wireless card instead.
    Will00 Posts: 66, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
    First you need to figure out if it is a linkys and if another program is used to connect to the wireless network.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Computer starts late [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I have a P3 processor. It takes lot of time to boot. Even after starting it displays wrong time. It doesn't updates the time. The clock runs properly when the computer is on. But once I turn off and turn on after sometime it shows the same time as that of last login. Please help me. I have...

Wireless Network [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I have a wireless enabled laptop and I purchased a Netgear router which came with a free adaptor (which I shouldn't need). I configured the router but cannot get my laptop to access wireless without using the adaptor. The laptop is definitely wireless enabled and I have checked for on/off...

Wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

How do you set up a wireless card

Wireless network security [ 4 Answers ]

I have just gotten a router and set up a wireless net environment in my home. As I live in an apartment, I think it can be easily picked up by anyone. Therefore, I was wondering if there was any way or program I could use to make it secure. Also, I rather not use the WEP provided because it...

View more questions Search