Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sorsore Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2004, 07:30 AM
    How can I hide a program
    Hello I have a question
    How can I hide a program from add or remove programs in control panel??
    Nocna_Ptica Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2004, 07:17 AM
    Re: how can I hide a program
    I think that you can not hide a progrma from "add/remove programs" ::)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 7, 2004, 01:28 PM
    I think there is an option in a program called "Tweak XP" which you can use to remove items from that list, although I'm not entirely sure. It also may ave been in a different tweaking program I cannot remember the name of. I'm pretty sure that the list is stored in the windows registry, so there are proably a few different programs available to change or remove those registry entries.
    dave Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2004, 11:23 AM
    Re: how can i hide a program
    you can delete the entry(s) from the registry, but the data stored in variables for the program stored uses the registry so information could be lost
    Dev Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2004, 01:31 AM
    THis will help
    Try this:

Right click on the program icon-> click properties->

Select General tab-> tick box "hidden"... this will hide your file/program

Don't think you can hide with the help of Add/remove programs
    akafrostaka Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2004, 08:30 AM
    U CAN hide programs from the add/remove menu without uninstalling, Tweak XP Pro does it
    Sparda Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2004, 05:59 PM
    Well it's prety simpel to remove a program from the "Add/Remove programs" program, to do it (I assume your running Win XP) go start>run and type regedit , now in regedit you have to be super careful not to delete any thing by accident your you mite really screw your PC up. Any way then you have to go to the directory HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall this is were the add/remove program stors all the information need to uninstall each program, now you need to make a back up of the part of the registry your going to delete before you delete it to do so you right click on the folder that contains the program you want to remove or "Hide" then select export, then just save that like a normal file. Then at this point you can delete the folder that conrains the information on the program you want to "Hide" at this point you can close regedit and if you go to the Add/Remove programs menu you should notice that the program has gone. Remember that file you saved well this is what it's for, if for some reason you want the program back on the add/remove progams list just doubel click it and press yes and magicly it's back at this point to get ride of it again you would have to delete it via the registry again, you get the idea. ;D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to hide a running a program! [ 1 Answers ]

Now I have a program, but I don't want it to be closed by other users who use that computer,too. What should I do, is there a program to ask for a password whenever some one tries to close it?

Hide icon tray.. [ 4 Answers ]

I want to hide tray icon of my open program so that other can't use it... I all ready try systrayx it good but demo version is now enddate, so I'm just trying to find if there is any tray icon hider available "FREE SOFTWARE" :D...

Any Tricks On How To Hide Spots On Mirror That Need Resilvering? [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to know if anyone can help with the following? The bathroom cabinet has 2 large smoked mirror doors that have lost the silvering. They are looking quite sad and I am seeking any opinions, advice, instructions, suggestions - any "HOME REMEDY TYPE OF TIPS" - like do it yourself...

Better way to hide password? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend's ex was a computer genius.. and also a little bit psycho. She had his email and so got my address. Now, I do not know how, but she was able to get my password or something and enter my inbox. So I did the logical thing and changed my password (we both did)... but she KEEPS getting...

View more questions Search