Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GC Dan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 09:00 AM
    Custom fiberglass shower pans
    What are the steps to create a fiberglass shower pan in an upstairs bathroom
    nmwirez Posts: 453, Reputation: 20

Sep 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Hi Dan,
    The best method is to match the planned shower space that matches a standard precast shower pan available at most hardware stores. Make sure the precast pan is coved up to at least a half inch lip edge where the wall surround cement wall sheeting can over-lap onto the pan. Then start installation of the wall backing and then finished tiling. Refer to the other post made about tiling a new shower. Nm

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing Fiberglass Shower/Tub with Custom Built [ 6 Answers ]

I want to rip out my fiberglass shower/tub assembly (1970 vintage) and install a new tub with tiled shower walls above, glass doors, and all new fixtures. Is there a good plan available somewhere as to how to do this? I'm particularly curious as to what base is required to attach the tiles. Any...

Shower pans [ 1 Answers ]

I am ready to start the installation of a tile shower on a concrete floor. Will this PVC pan (more like a thick sheet of rubber) really allow tile and grout to stick to it. What must I do? Also because we are going where an old shower was, there is a floor drain cemented in, under is the old...

Shower pans [ 3 Answers ]

When replacing a shower pan is it necessry to redo the entire walls

Custom Tile Shower? [ 5 Answers ]

I am planning on putting a custom shower in my basement and was not sure on how to handle the floor. The plumbing is roughed in but inside the shower is just a flat concrete floor ( the floor was cut to add the drain.) I feel I need to add some slop to the drain. I heard of a dry mortor bed but...

View more questions Search