Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    turner.jesse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2005, 07:17 PM
    Can't delete album folder from My Music.
    I was having problems playing songs on Musicmatch Jukebox, from one of the cds I ripped to My Music. I tried to delete the artist's folder but it won't let me (cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk). I opened this folder and saw two folders with the name of the album on them. I was able to delete one, but when I tried to delete the other I got the same error message as before. Anyone know what's going on here?
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 23, 2005, 08:15 PM
    Try closing Musicmatch, then restarting your computer.

After restarting, then delete what you wish to delete. It sounds like Musicmatch (or another program) is accessing the files at the same time, that is why you can't delete it.

Give that a try and see what happens.
    turner.jesse Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2005, 10:21 PM
    Thanks but...
    I figured out how to fix my problem through Comand Prompt, finding the folder's short name and deleting it.

Thanks anyway!
    wzartv Posts: 402, Reputation: 21

Sep 25, 2005, 06:39 AM
    I'm glad you found a solution! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song/Artist/Album?Anything? [ 4 Answers ]

undefinedundefinedundefined :confused: This was a popular song, like a year or two ago, but anyway, this is how it goes... (HipHop) At the begining: (skit)Mr.Big, how does it feel to be released from prison? etc. etc... (Song) (chorus) You better bring the Navy, because I'm about to...

My favorites folder [ 4 Answers ]

Every time I gain access to the internet (dialup) , 4 websites appear in my favorites folder. I've never accessed those websites but they appear every time I gain access to the web! Any ideas how I can prevent that from happening? Thanks for your help!!

Delete file from My Music [ 7 Answers ]

Any Expert, I got a problem to delete a file from My Music folder. It is a AVI video file about 192MB size. I think I accidentally downloaded it to My Music folder a couple months ago. But when I tried to delete it, it always gives the error dialog that like "cannot delete: It is being used by...

Highlighted folder in XP [ 1 Answers ]

I installed download accelerator on xp and in the start menu and in the all programs section, the download accelerator bit is a different colour. Why?

View more questions Search