Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ohio_Remodeler Posts: 85, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2007, 05:32 AM
    Commercial Deadbolt Fix
    I made the mistake of hiring a real hack to install a commercial entry door. The frame was overtightened, so I now have to use 3 strike plates on the lower lock to get a tight fit. He also used a 2-3/4" hole saw to make the cut for the deadbolt instead of the 2-1/8" that was supposed to be used.

I can live with the 3 strike plates, but where can I get a deadbolt that will fit a 2-3/4" hole?
    Attached Images

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 16, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Sounds like your "hack" needs to pay for you a new door.
    ac101 Posts: 463, Reputation: 57

Sep 16, 2007, 07:32 AM
    I would defenitely be asking the installer (aka the hack) to replace this. You could check with lock companies and try to find a lock that fits but I don't think Ive ever seen one that big.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Sep 28, 2007, 07:38 AM
    A commercial "French plate" adapter can be used for oversized holes,Check the local hardware stores,and local lumber yards.
    Ken
    glavine Posts: 895, Reputation: 87

Sep 29, 2007, 11:35 AM
    They do sale some of these plates at Lowe's or homedepot

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

A commercial [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone remember this commercial where like all these women are sitting in this like circle and (I can't really remember what for) like I think there all laughing about something and this one woman starts laughing like a goose can someone please help me find out what that commercial was about...

Can I fix hazardous steps if a contractor is refusing to fix, and threatens to sue? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Texas. I hired a landscape contractor to install retaining walls and a patio which included 4 steps in stone. These steps range in size from 6.5" to 9.5" and the tallest is on the top! They are very dangerous. He refuses to do any fixes, and walked off project. At one point in the...

Installing new deadbolt and enlarging the mounting hole [ 5 Answers ]

I have purchased a new deadbolt lock for my front door, which requires me to drill a 2-1/8inch diameter hole in the door. There is already an existing smaller diameter hole for the old deadbolt. My question is: are there any tricks to enlarging the diameter of an existing hole? My hole saw uses a...

Tv commercial [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know who the artist is of the song about the diamond necklace commercial "How can I tell you I love you" I am always thinking of you"

View more questions Search