Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HonestHank Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 09:31 PM
    Keys lock
    Somehow, I accidentally locked my top row of keys "symbols and numbers" on my PC keyboard. How do I unlock them?
    SabbzR Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Sep 23, 2007, 06:36 PM
    Locked them? Locked them in what sense? As in, you can't use them?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Sep 23, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Sounds like a "function lock" key. There is likely a key or combo of keys to change it again. Do you have a key that says "FnLk" or something similar? If not, tell us the model of keyboard or laptop you are using.

Sep 24, 2007, 06:11 AM
    I was thinking the same sort of thing, because as far as I know, the function key is the only option available that changes those keys. It doesn't actually lock them though, it just opens more functions avaiable on those keys does it not?
    Northwind_Dagas Posts: 348, Reputation: 83

Sep 24, 2007, 06:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by SabbzR
    it doesn't actually lock them though, it just opens more functions avaiable on those keys does it not?
    It works much in the same way as the NumLock key. It changes the function of the buttons, until it is pressed again.

Sep 24, 2007, 06:20 AM
    You thought so, shot man. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shortcut keys gone? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: How can I fix my desktop shortcut keys? The website shortcuts on my desktop won't open anymore? Can someone help? Thanks :eek: :eek:

Fn Keys [ 4 Answers ]

I need help! Keys on my keyboard are not working e.g. k comes as 2, j as 1, l as 3, 0 as *... How can I fix this?

Losing keys [ 1 Answers ]

I lost my keys that go to my shed and gate.I was wondering if someone could tell me where the are.There are two sets.One haas 2 keys and the other has 3 keys.Thanx

Laptop keys [ 3 Answers ]

Any one know how to make the keys on the laptop work so you can type on it it's a toshiba satellite a105-s2716

Weighted keys? [ 2 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone could explain to me what are weighted keys and non weighted keys on a keyboard. Thanks.

View more questions Search