Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    uncleseaweed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2005, 08:26 AM
    Slab, First time
    I am an owner builder just north of Crystal River in Levy Co. The plumber that was going to do the ground works for the house has left to care for his family what lives in Mississippi, said he won't be back for at least a month. I have called around I can't find any other plumber to take the job. A couple have said that would come out, but have not showed up. I have done some pvc glue-up before so I dug the trenches and started the job myself. My son found this site since I am not to good with computers. I think I know most of the basic things, but I never have work under a slab before. I have not been able to find a book, or a consultend for help, can you give me a ster in the right direction or know someone you could help me before the inspection I would like to do it right the first time.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Sep 23, 2005, 12:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by uncleseaweed
    I am an owner builder just north of Crystal River in Levy Co. The plumber that was going to do the ground works for the house has left to care for his family what lives in Mississippi, said he won't be back for at least a month. I have called around I can't find any other plumber to take the job. A couple have said that would come out, but have not showed up. I have done some pvc glue-up before so I dug the trenches and started the job myself. My son found this site since I am not to good with computers. I think I know most of the basic things, but I never have work under a slab before. I have not been able to find a book, or a consultend for help, can you give me a ster in the right direction or know someone you could help me before the inspection I would like to do it right the first time.
    Hey Unk,
    I got busted in Crystal River back in 1955 for pulling off the road and sleeping in my car. I should have locked the door because when the deputy opened the door and shook me awake I thought I was being robbed and poped him. I ended up in the Invernes county jail for assulting a officer. I haven't been back since. Tell you whot I'm going to do. I'm going to give you my addy and you can draw me a sketch,(with fixture placement and measurements) or scan me a set of plans and I'll lay the job out for you. My addy's [email protected] Head it up PLUMBING so it doesn't get in with the junk mail. You can then check with the inspector to see if it conforms to local codes. OK? Cheers, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

Rough in under slab [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Tom, I am currently renovating my mother’s bathroom; it was very out of date. Here’s my problem, she lives on a slab. I was hoping you might be able to tell me if my changes in the plumbing will work. I have attached two pictures, one of the old plan and one of the proposed plan, I have tried...

Slab Rough-In [ 29 Answers ]

I am embarking a project to remodel a half bath to a full bath on the ground floor of a high ranch. (on slab). After getting a couple estimates on the rough-in plumbing, and seeing that they were more than anticipated, I think I am going to give it a shot. I do most everything….framing, drywall,...

Re:tub on the slab [ 1 Answers ]

Tom, thanks for your help. I am understanding that I would just leave the horizontal run of pipe into the 14"x14" hole and that would leave me enough room for the rest of the plumbing, correct?

View more questions Search