Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mr Blackrose Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 03:19 PM
    I would like to have a myth about hair growth confirmed or denied.
    Recently, I chopped off a fair amount of my hair because of hair dye (think buzz cut). However, I heard from a friend that eating a lot of protein can help hair growth, as hair is protein. Is this true or false? Would it be a waste to change my diet, or should I go for it?
    nkychic Posts: 180, Reputation: 70

Sep 15, 2007, 03:28 PM
    I don't feel like changing your diet to increase your protein intake will make much of a difference. In my honest opinion it's not worth it. Depending on how seriously you want this, there is a shampoo and conditioner you can order that has in it vitamins to help hair growth. It's called Hair Formula 37. I know they let you use it for a month or so as a trial period. (If you don't like it send it back free of charge). I've heard good reviews on this stuff. It's worth a shot if you want to rush the process.
    glnutrition Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 03:30 PM
    Yes, hair is protein...

You don't need to make any drastic changes to your diet... just add some foods that are high in protein:

Fish, meats, eggs, cheese, seeds and nuts.

Good luck :)
    Hello Out There Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 03:36 PM
    I had to cut a goooood amount of hair off myself because I dyed my hair like 6 times in one week could not decide what color wanted to be.:(

So I also was told that protein is suppose to make your hair grow faster.
    I am sure its true.

I stopped eating red meat and pork a while back so that would not work for me but I eat healthy foods in place of it.

Bad Things for hair::mad:
    Straightening your hair will kill it
    Drinking a lot of caffeine could stop hair growth.

Good Things for you hair::D
    Plenty of water
    Since your like me and dyed it so much, I do a deep conditioner ever 3 days. First apply the conditioner, Next wrap a warm towel out of the dryer around it , I leave this on for about 45 minutes (instead of the 3 minutes it says to leave it on for). Pantee pro v has the repair you hair in 2 months treatment that's the one I use. Highly recommended.

This works believe me.
    My hair was completely fried & damaged. Id say probelly worst than your saying yours is. My hair now is softer than ever and very very very shiney. My hair also has grown about 3-4 inches since my last cut. Not where I want it to be but I am getting closer.

Well I hope I have answered your question.

Good Luck!!!:p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair growth [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I wanted to know if there is a remidy which would help me increase the hair growth. Thank you Muaz

Hair Growth [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is a little bit passed my shoulders, but the length is uneven. I wanted to know what I can do to grow my hair quickly?

Hair Growth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! I have been wanting my hair to grow long FOREVER! Cutting it and using special conditioner is not working. I have heard from some friends that taking Pre Natal Vitamins makes it grow longer. I am 21 and not looking to have a baby so is this going to mess with anything it is not supposed too?...

Hair Growth [ 1 Answers ]

Can my hair grow faster, longer and thicker? can I use, buy or take anything that will double to length in double the time? I heard u can buy tablets? are they OK? do they really work? Thanks and please get back to me/x :) :) :) :)

Hair growth [ 1 Answers ]

Which product is good for growing beards fast?

View more questions Search