Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    X0Ximperfection Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 03:41 AM
    Cuts. Again.
    :( :( :( :( :mad: I did it again.. . I cut myself.. . I feel bad about it. I feel so bad it makes me want to do it another time just for the satisfaction. I wan't help but Im too afraid to tell anyone, even kids help phone. What should I do?
    X0Ximperfection Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2007, 04:10 AM
    Please Reply, Please?!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2007, 04:30 AM
    We see so many emo types here saying the same thing. Why do you do it? How about doing something more productive with your free time?
    Miss lovley Posts: 125, Reputation: 5

Sep 15, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Omg I'm a cutter to
    I haven't cut in a while though
    What keeps me from cutting is I think of someone who make me happy
    And also think of how your family would feel if you slipped and hit a vain
    Go to the gym like 3 times a week and take boxing classes release all the stress

Sep 15, 2007, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousteen09
    Slicing ur wrist up doesn't help anything.. if you think that the pain is what helps relieve stress or whatever...
    Umm cutting does relieve stress or at least it does for me
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2007, 04:09 PM
    Don't be afraid to talk to someone. The kids help line you referred to is a great resource. There is always someone that is willing to sit down and listen to you and help you sort out whatever is wrong.

When you feel like you are going to cut yourself, turn the pain you are feeling into something positive. Do something to help someone else. Volunteer wherever you can, offer to help some of your neighbors if they have anything they need done. I always feel better when I "turn my pain into someone else's gain". It makes you feel a lot better about yourself. ;)
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Sep 17, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Hide or throw away the knife I lost mine for a very very long time some days late at night I'd break down crying because I couldn't do it well even know I get the urge but I've told myself I'm not going to go down that road again its been early February that I've stopped cutting and I found my knife last month and hopefuly I'll never fall for it again :)
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Rather than resorting to cutting yourself, why don't you just tell your parents about whatever is making you feel so depressed? They can get you some help, cutting yourself is definitely not healthy.
    Ging1994 Posts: 190, Reputation: 9

Sep 17, 2007, 05:02 PM
    I used to cut cause it was like draining all my problems away I was afraid of suidside so I cut further up my harm so I wouldn't cut any vains or arteries but its really addicting
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 06:26 PM
    I know its hard to talk to someone about such a personal issue, but you really need to get help before it gets more serious... and it will.

I'm 25 and in middle school and high school I used to be a cutter... it wasn't because I was "emo" or "goth" or anything of the sort. I was a straight A student and sports star. Sometimes the pressure just got to be too much. So much was expected of me, and I would just feel numb. Cutting was a way for me to feel pain, to feel something, anything. But I didn't get help.

My emotional state just got worse. And eventually I tried to commit suicide. When it was unsuccessful and my mom found out, I had no choice but to get help.

You can find other methods of dealing with you feelings. Keeping a journal worked well for me. But everyone is different, so something else may work for you. Some scars may fade, I can still see traces of a few on my arms. The scars on my wrists from my attempted suicide never faded and the scars are very evident. But emotinal scars are harder to heal.

I just can't stress enough to talk to someone before the cutting isn't enough.

Sep 17, 2007, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anonymousteen09
    No.. it really doesn't.. its all in your mind. How old r u?

I'm 17 and it does help release stress for me how in gods name are you going to tell me it doesn't?
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss lovley
    i'm 17 and it does help release stress for me how in gods name are you going to tell me it doesn't?
    Calm down hun. This person is just trying to help.

While it may relieve stress for you, it is definitely not healthy, I hope you understand that. There are other ways of relieving stress.
    louise72 Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Sep 17, 2007, 06:41 PM
    I am 35yrs old and when I was 16yrs old I got depressed and tried to OD on anything, listen I was stupid for doing it, it was a cry for help. I took vitamins and headache medicine and let me tell you. I threw up for hours and was taken to the hospital then relaeased to a hospital and was there no vacation, no phone, no nothing. Stuck in some place that people were worse them me. It depressed me to watch the people and listen to them and let me tell you another thing. I have been suicidal since then and I just think about being in a LOCK-UP-Jail cell and trust me, I don't want to go back there again, so I try to assume other ways to get through the problems I have, and I have a lot. Only talking and dealing with the problems head on will only help you to find someone to find to speak to about this in person as wll. Good Luck and did you every think about losing your freedom if you hurt yourself terrible enough that they lock you up in a cell with padded walls, or just being in a stra-jacket and no family or friends, or eating out, or even having kids, and a husband or even grandkids. Or newphew and Neices around you

Sep 17, 2007, 06:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nauticalstar420
    Calm down hun. This person is just trying to help.

While it may relieve stress for you, it is definitely not healthy, I hope you understand that. There are other ways of relieving stress.
    They had no right to tell me what it did for me though...
    Yes I understand that they are trying to help but that is no reason to tell me what it doesn't do for me...
    I haven't cut for seven months now and I think that is pretty good...
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss lovley
    they had no right to tell me what it did for me tho...
    yes i understand that they are trying to help but that is no reason to tell me what it doesn't do for me...
    i havent cut for seven months now and i think that is pretty good...
    That is good. Good job! You have already obviously found other ways to relieve your stress. Stick with it! ;)

Sep 17, 2007, 07:02 PM
    Atcually I haven't found a way I've been ignoring my stress
    akms Posts: 131, Reputation: -3

Sep 18, 2007, 01:54 AM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Hey the reason kids do it is because its like there punishing themselves its like relishing in your own pain

Sep 18, 2007, 01:55 AM
    Comment on anonymousteen09's post
    Dude this a persons life why does everyone make pple feel bad here

Sep 18, 2007, 01:56 AM
    Comment on Miss lovley's post
    Yah I do it to

Sep 18, 2007, 01:59 AM
    I think cuttings okay don't cut to deep the only problem is I've become so self conscious after I cut I'm so afraid someone will see I'm not sure what exactly you are ashamed of but cuttings okay

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Treating minor cuts [ 4 Answers ]

Just looking for some reasurrance here. Took Trink out to potty this evening, and she started limping on the way in. Once inside where I could see, I found that she had a small cut on her paw (not on the pad, but the smooth part above the big back pad on the bottom). Looks like she stepped on...

99chevy cuts out [ 1 Answers ]

99chevy silverado cuts out replaced coil, ignition module,dist. cap&rotor,coil wire,sparkplug wires,fuel pump&fuelFILTER. Had some sucssess with shorts in wire from coil to fire wall

Passat 98 cuts out [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have recently purchased a VW Passat (R 98) and at times it cuts out otherwise it drives fine.the only time it cuts out when you slowing down the car at give way and or at roundabouts or even when you trying to park it. The mechanic does not seem to understand but it is really annoying.

Furnace flame cuts out [ 10 Answers ]

Having problems keeping flame burning in furnace.Oil furace hadn't been used in 2 years and had oil delivered recently.We figured the tank would be close to empty but were told after it was filled that it was already over 1/3 full. Furnace would light up with yellow flame but then turn blue and...

View more questions Search