Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lubu Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Red Eared Sliders
    Hi fellow members!

I am new here as you all can see, I was thinking of getting a red eared slider. I know all the requirements they need, such as:

- Basking Light
    - Basking area
    - Water
    All the other stuff.

The only thing I don't know is the gallons, how big does a tank have to be for one single turtle? I have heard they needed 30 but other sites say they need 55.
    Texie Studstill Posts: 32, Reputation: 2

Apr 20, 2009, 06:25 PM

We have a lot of them and they do fine in 20 gallon tanks until they reach the size if a large sand dollar then you can go as big as you feel nesiccary. They are slow growers so a 20 gallon tank will last for a few years if you get a baby. Tiny tiny one can have up to three at a time in a 20 gallon tank until they are the size of the top of a can of soda. You can also get good answers by going to www.AnimalAnswers.synthasite.com
    melanie42276 Posts: 56, Reputation: 0

Apr 24, 2009, 04:54 AM

The bigger the tank is, the bigger the turtle can grow.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Red itchy dots under fingertips [ 1 Answers ]

I have been getting very small dark red dots under the skin of my middle finger tips on both hands but not at the same time, for several years now. I noticed them off to the side of my nail beds at first, but now they are appearing on the fingerprint part of my fingertips. When I itch them the area...

Red eared slider with swollen neck [ 1 Answers ]

My red eared slider turtle has swollen skin around his neck, he also seems to be shedding skin. Can you tell me how to help him and what is wrong with him. Thanks

Shower pipe broke off in drop eared ell [ 4 Answers ]

Any suggestions on how the get the threads out of the ell? I was investigating a leaky shower head and it ended up being the pipe and ell. The pipe had a break near the ell and while trying to remove it, it broke off. Thanks

Red eared slider turtle [ 2 Answers ]

Our Red Eared Slider turtle is in a tank by the window to get a little sun. We moved from Texas to New Hampshire and she has stopped eating. Does she need a certain temperature?

Drop-eared elbow [ 2 Answers ]

How far behind the finished wall should I install the drop-eared elbow for the shower head? See the picture Any problems if is 1.5" behind ? Thanks

View more questions Search